The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

m_driscoll

Thanks Lloyd, Matt, Jorgen, Steve for the kind comments. It's good to see some of the warm yellow ball again :)

Matt, stable wall ? In this rural area not sure these guys have a decent stable. For sure nothing quite close to Steen's own premises. The owner of the two horses got a print of the larger brown fellow posted a few pages back. But you're right and have good eyes, the one you quoted above have sharpened for print. Will do this week-end... (did you get my MP btw?).

Lloyd, sometimes you post so fast. How could you possibly intercalate an answer between my two posts above? :shocked: I predict that one day you'll address a thread question before the OP had time to submit it. :toocool:
Corlan: It'd make a fine "horse family" print. How do you sharpen your photos for print?

I haven't posted here recently. I bet Lloyd can predict what I'll post next.

Another one from yesterday's shots

Jason: Great stealthy street shot.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Lloyd

Well, I don't know about that. But, they're not of bears! Cheers, Matt.
YES!!!! Nailed it! :thumbs:

Beautiful dog. The red reflection in the water in the second shot is amazing!! Nice catch on the seagull, sharp as a tack! Nice work, as always.

Lloyd

Lloyd: Thanks. Did you notice the little bit of drool on the dog's chin; and, that red reflection was amazing. Cheers, Matt.
I didn't at first, but see it now. Cute.

Honestly, the more I look at the red (and white) reflection, the more amazed I become. Stunning.

m_driscoll

I didn't at first, but see it now. Cute.

Honestly, the more I look at the red (and white) reflection, the more amazed I become. Stunning.
Lloyd: I went back to look at the original. I have four shots of that. None are cropped and they all have that bright red (and black and white) reflection. This one's intensified a bit; but, they all look like paint on the water. The jagged reflection of the black stripe's pretty cool. I wanted to see if i had any shots that showed more of the context. No such luck. Cheers, Matt.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Corlan: It'd make a fine "horse family" print. How do you sharpen your photos for print?
When needed i mainly use Sharpener Pro modules from Nik (settings depending on the printer + intended use), and generally speaking the print files are a bit over sharpened than the general purpose version, especially photos with subjects where some "contrast sharpening" is sometimes useful. For the latter stage one can use a number of solutions, including the original tools in PS.
Print wise the overall difference in results with specialized plug-ins and programs are mostly visible for critical uses such as large prints, products ads and alike. Beside of course, on screen pixel-peeping ;).

Nice photos in the last set btw. I second Lloyd re the lovely painted like reflections... now your next mission is to shoot the same dog, same framing no crop... with a WA. :toocool: :D

shtarka1

Matt....Stop Showing Off! Last 3 Are Ausgetzeichnet, Bellissimo, Bonita, or as we say in Beantown Wicked Good :D!