The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

simonclivehughes

Matt,

Thanks much, my friend. Number 1 was a grab shot with the camera hanging around my neck, I think with the ZM 35mm f2. I left it a bit off kilter. The beach shot was with the CV 20mm f3.5 lens.

Ciao,

JohnH

Matt and All,

After seeing the news reports this morning I have decided discretion is advisable. With up to 18 people killed, the situation could get even more dangerous and I am not a war photographer.

So today I am key-wording images...

Cheers,

John

rayyan

Here's a few from downtown Vancouver this morning. D700 and various lenses:

View attachment 29712 View attachment 29713

View attachment 29714 View attachment 29715

Cheers,
Those are masterly Simon.

Lens tests. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

1. D700; 14-24mm f/2.8; 1/30s @ f/22; ISO 1600

2. D3; PC-E 24mm f/3.5; 1/100s @ f/9; ISO 1400

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Matt, I would say the lenses get an A and you sir an ' A + '

Regards.

rayyan

Rayyan: Beautiful. I love your "candid" shots like this. They really express life lived.

rayan: Congratulations on your son's wedding. Your boys are very handsome. The warm coloring on the middle photo is great. Nicely done.

And, at least over here, you wouldn't have to pay for the wedding. Your son's wife's family would. I noted that because my daughter got married last September.

Cheers, Matt

Matt, appreciate your gracious comments. Weddings here can become an expensive proposition. The groom has to dish out a heavy amount, and my
son turned to his father! The mother was too generous, and her little boy
got scot free.

may your daughter and her groom have a long and prosperous life.

Regards.

AlexLF

Spring is very busy time so I only have time to some snapshots during my walks. But no time to PP and publish them. And of course I look into this thread to see all the beauty from around the world.

Ok, let's catch up just a little bit (D3x, DC 135/2):

shtarka1

Steve... I ride a Cannondale CAAD9. Love it, great for crit racing as it is rock solid. Can dive into a 90 degree turn at 35mph w/o a second thought and a beast in sprints.

But my team is a Trek team and if I ever get up to the 'A' team I will have to get a Madone. But for now....

How about you??
Nice Ride Jason!
I ride a Fuji Team Issue with Zipp 404 rims & a Fuji Mt SL Mountain bike. Lots of fun!:)

Lloyd... P4 for you?

Steve.. Niiiice set up. I gave up on expensive wheelsets when I went from triathlete back to road racer. At 6'3" 200+ lbs a light and aero wheelset doesn't do much for me anymore. That and the thought of an $1000 wheel taco-ing on a curb makes me cringe.

Matt.. The guy that owns the shop rode with Lance on USPS. So it's the first shop outside of the original Mellow Johnny's to have MJ gear. Kinda a big deal.

Lloyd

Lloyd... P4 for you?
Lol. No, I'd rather spend the $$ on camera equipment. The P4 might look good (I have two friends who got them last year), but I don't think what it would give me, in terms of time advantage, would justify the expense. My wife rides a P3C for tri and TT, and a Soloist Carbon on the road. I have a Lightspeed Blade for tri and TT, and also ride a Soloist Carbon. I will confess that I'd love to get a P2C at some point. My favorite tri bike I've ever owned was the P2K.

simonclivehughes

Some macro shots from the D700 and 105mm f2.8 AF-S VR lens. I've done so little macro with the D700 and this lens, so I'm trying things out. My Gitzo lost a bolt from one of the legs so it was a bit wonky!

Being able to use LiveView is great. Too bad the D700 doesn't have a pivoting LCD though. Processed with Topaz Detail 2.

Filigreed Leaf
View attachment 29742

Worm Trails
View attachment 29744

The Steppes
View attachment 29745

Fiddlehead
View attachment 29743

Cheers,

Last edited:

Lloyd

Some macro shots from the D700 and 105mm f2.8 AF-S VR lens. I've done so little macro with the D700 and this lens, so I'm trying things out. My Gitzo lost a bolt from one of the legs so it was a bit wonky!

Being able to use LiveView is great. Too bad the D700 doesn't have a pivoting LCD though. Processed with Topaz Detail 2.

Filigreed Leaf
View attachment 29742

Worm Trails
View attachment 29744

The Steppes
View attachment 29745

Fiddlehead
View attachment 29743

Cheers,
Beautiful macros!! Thanks for sharing.

m_driscoll

Matt, I would say the lenses get an A and you sir an ' A + '
Regards.
rayyan: Thank you.

Matt, appreciate your gracious comments. Weddings here can become an expensive proposition. The groom has to dish out a heavy amount, and my
son turned to his father! The mother was too generous, and her little boy
got scot free.
may your daughter and her groom have a long and prosperous life.
Regards.
rayyan: You're welcome. Just the opposite of here! I could have bought more camera equipment if the groom's family had to pay. Oh well. It was our pleasure. I'll convey your kind comment, from the other side of the world, to my daughter and her husband.

Spring is very busy time so I only have time to some snapshots during my walks. But no time to PP and publish them. And of course I look into this thread to see all the beauty from around the world.
Ok, let's catch up just a little bit (D3x, DC 135/2):
One more:
alex: These are very beautiful. i like the quality of light and composition in both. The soft tonality of the second photo is excellent.

Matt.. The guy that owns the shop rode with Lance on USPS. So it's the first shop outside of the original Mellow Johnny's to have MJ gear. Kinda a big deal.
Jason: Cool. Thanks for the info.

Successful test!! Very nice.
Lloyd: Thanks. As you can see it was a very rigorous, time consuming, evaluation.

Cheers,
Simon: These are great. I love the fiddlehead fern. A pivoting LCD would be nice. At times to use that lens, as a macro, you have to be a bit of a contortionist.

Cheers, Matt

m_driscoll

Nice Ride Jason!
I ride a Fuji Team Issue with Zipp 404 rims & a Fuji Mt SL Mountain bike. Lots of fun!:)
Lloyd... P4 for you?

Steve.. Niiiice set up. I gave up on expensive wheelsets when I went from triathlete back to road racer. At 6'3" 200+ lbs a light and aero wheelset doesn't do much for me anymore. That and the thought of an $1000 wheel taco-ing on a curb makes me cringe.

Lol. No, I'd rather spend the $$ on camera equipment. The P4 might look good (I have two friends who got them last year), but I don't think what it would give me, in terms of time advantage, would justify the expense. My wife rides a P3C for tri and TT, and a Soloist Carbon on the road. I have a Lightspeed Blade for tri and TT, and also ride a Soloist Carbon. I will confess that I'd love to get a P2C at some point. My favorite tri bike I've ever owned was the P2K.
All: I guess this is a reminder to get off my FA and ride!

Cheers, Matt,

simonclivehughes

Beautiful macros!! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Lloyd.

Simon: These are great. I love the fiddlehead fern. A pivoting LCD would be nice. At times to use that lens, as a macro, you have to be a bit of a contortionist.

Thank to you too Matt. I am always amazed at the (lack of) DOF with macro, even at very small apertures. It's really hard to get everything within the focus zone!

Cheers,