The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

shtarka1

Some macro shots from the D700 and 105mm f2.8 AF-S VR lens. I've done so little macro with the D700 and this lens, so I'm trying things out. My Gitzo lost a bolt from one of the legs so it was a bit wonky!

Being able to use LiveView is great. Too bad the D700 doesn't have a pivoting LCD though. Processed with Topaz Detail 2.

Filigreed Leaf
View attachment 29742

Worm Trails
View attachment 29744

The Steppes
View attachment 29745

Fiddlehead
View attachment 29743

Cheers,
Simon, so sharp & colorful! Nice work!

rayyan

Lloyd, Matt ..Thank you.

Some macro shots from the D700 and 105mm f2.8 AF-S VR lens. I've done so little macro with the D700 and this lens, so I'm trying things out. My Gitzo lost a bolt from one of the legs so it was a bit wonky!

Being able to use LiveView is great. Too bad the D700 doesn't have a pivoting LCD though. Processed with Topaz Detail 2.

Filigreed Leaf
View attachment 29742

Worm Trails
View attachment 29744

The Steppes
View attachment 29745

Fiddlehead
View attachment 29743

Cheers,
Simon, now that you can take to the bank:thumbs:

Best.

aboudd

+1, I LOVE the red elements, especially the person in the red jacket. You couldn't have designed it better. Is that another lighthouse or a windmill on the bump in the horizon. The more I look at this, the more I enjoy it. Well done.

aboudd

Getting the finger

Not what you think .. ;-)

This is a study from my monument series. The protruding finger is on a statue of FDR at the memorial in Washington, D.C. I assume that this is the hand that signed all the bills comprising the New Deal.

D3x/Sigma 150

Last edited:

m_driscoll

Wow, I say! Hand-held?
Best,
Osman
Osman: Thanks. It was handheld. I took it up photographing bears, also. Frankly, it's too heavy to lug around. I sold it. I'm hoping the 300 f/2.8 with the TC-E 20 III will replace it with less weight, and comparable IQ (or at least close). If, I win the lottery, I'll get a 400mm f/2.8!

Matt, a 500mm f4! What else are you hiding in that "makeup kit!":D Sharp!
Steve: It'd be a really big "makeup" kit! See, above. It was impressive with the full camo cover.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Not what you think .. ;-)
This is a study from my monument series. The protruding finger is on a statue of FDR at the memorial in Washington, D.C. I assume that this is the hand that signed all the bills comprising the New Deal.
D3x/Sigma 150
Aboudd: Very nice detail shot. I've enjoyed your Washington DC photos.

In the fields....
Thanks for your time.
rayan: Just beautiful! Great asymmetrical, but balanced, composition. Thank you for sharing.

Cheers, Matt
http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Great stuff all of you, Simon, Rayyan, Matt, Alex, Aboudd (nice to see some of your terrific DC shots around here). :thumbs:

Have a question for Matt though: how many Duvels did you have to suffer through to get the shades on the glass right?

Last edited: