The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Lloyd

Lloyd: +1. Awesome! Coveted spot. You must have strong elbows. Or, the others were probably worn out by hauling around their 500mm's.

Cheers, Matt
LOL. Actually, it's pretty friendly for the most part. When it came right down to the winners finishing, there was a little jostling, but not bad.

As for glass, the 70-200 seemed to be the lens of choice, one Japanese guy was using a 300/2.8, and there was a Reuters shooter on a ladder right behind me with a 400 on one body and the 70-200 on the other, but where the "Media Line" is located, the big glass is too much. Those are generally up on the photo bridge, just above me, and mainly come out for the trophy presentation, which is a little farther away from us.

m_driscoll

LOL. Actually, it's pretty friendly for the most part. When it came right down to the winners finishing, there was a little jostling, but not bad.

As for glass, the 70-200 seemed to be the lens of choice, one Japanese guy was using a 300/2.8, and there was a Reuters shooter on a ladder right behind me with a 400 on one body and the 70-200 on the other, but where the "Media Line" is located, the big glass is too much. Those are generally up on the photo bridge, just above me, and mainly come out for the trophy presentation, which is a little farther away from us.
Lloyd: Good work. Must of been fun Cheers, Matt

Lloyd

When we left for Boston, we'd had 8 inches of snow in our yard over the prior two days. Found this when we got there... it was nice to see some Spring at last!

D3, 300/2.8:

Last edited:

Lloyd

Lloyd: Good work. Must of been fun Cheers, Matt
Thanks Matt. It was a blast. I honestly didn't know before we arrived that I'd be able to get the credentials for the level of access I had, so I was pinching myself all day, just to be sure it was real! Believe me, if I hadn't had the right credentials hanging around my neck, I would not have been there. It's probably easier to sneak into the White House!

I'll post some "behind the scenes stuff" later.

As for the finish, this was the third closest women's finish ever. Last year's was the closest.

m_driscoll

Thanks Matt. It was a blast. I honestly didn't know before we arrived that I'd be able to get the credentials for the level of access I had, so I was pinching myself all day, just to be sure it was real! Believe me, if I hadn't had the right credentials hanging around my neck, I would not have been there. It's probably easier to sneak into the White House!

I'll post some "behind the scenes stuff" later.

As for the finish, this was the third closest women's finish ever. Last year's was the closest.
Lloyd: Congratulations! Right there in the front row. Very cool. Looking forward to more photos. 8" of snow! Although, i think we had our first day of spring last Sunday. Nice blossoms.

Cheers, Matt

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I haven't been so active here lately. Too many things happening, and then there's this Panasonic camera that I try to figure out. However, my D80 has returned from the dead, so here's a shot that I took on the way back from the camera shop.

D80 with Tamron 17-50 @ 38mm and f/8.0

The demonstrations took a very nasty turn last night, with grenades shot into a crowd who demonstrated against the demonstrations under one of the sky-train stations. Up to three deads and almost a 100 hurt. The photo is taken from the location where the grenades was supposedly fired from, but the day before.

shtarka1

I haven't been so active here lately. Too many things happening, and then there's this Panasonic camera that I try to figure out. However, my D80 has returned from the dead, so here's a shot that I took on the way back from the camera shop.

The demonstrations took a very nasty turn last night, with grenades shot into a crowd who demonstrated against the demonstrations under one of the sky-train stations. Up to three deads and almost a 100 hurt. The photo is taken from the location where the grenades was supposedly fired from, but the day before.
Very Powerful! Be Careful Jorgen!!!!

rayyan

Jorgen, photojournalism at its best. But please do not take unnecessary
risks.

Best wishes.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Lloyd, the finish line shot's awesome. God thing you got the credentials :thumbup:
Also, nice blossoms...at last!

Steve, was not aware until now that that lens was compatible with quarter plate daguerreotype equipment. Those NASA friends of yours are quite an asset.
:deadhorse: :D

Excellent PJ work Jorgen, again.
And yes, again... proceed with extreme caution.