The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

shtarka1

Matt:

Steve: You're making me homesick, cuz!! Beautiful processing, as always. Love that second image in particular. (Gorgeous subject in that last one!)

Best.[/QUOTE]
Thanks Buddy!
Jorgen:[

Steve: Love the shot of the guitar player.

[
- - - o0o - - -

Here's a spring illustration.

Nikon D300 • Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/50 ZF • 1/400 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX

Thank You Steen! Beautiful Image Also!

One I was thrilled to get last Monday. Robert Kiprono Cheruiyot smashes the course record at the Boston Marathon.

D3, 70-200 VRII:
Wow! Not only a great shot, but a great moment. Definitely one of the all time great distance runners!! Fantastic capture!

That's a nice one Jason. Congratulations on the new rig. How did the
wedding go?

Best.
Rayyan...

The wedding was insane. By Chicago standards, a big wedding is over 200 guests. This topped over 900 guests. My shoulder feels broken, my suit was soaked with sweat by the end of the night, but it was AMAZING! It was a Seik wedding so there were very ornate turbans and sari's as well as black tie for the westerners. There was Bollywood stars performing and an amazing vegetarian meal.

Unfortunately, I cannot post images per my contract without approval, but as soon as some of them get approved, I will post them.

The D3/D700 pair worked great. Shot most w/ the 28-70, and the 70-200, 50 1.4, and 21 2.8 completed the kit for the night.

Thanks for asking!

Lloyd

Wow! Not only a great shot, but a great moment. Definitely one of the all time great distance runners!! Fantastic capture!
Thank you Jason. It was a great moment for me too. And I believe this Robert Cheruiyot will be one of the great distance runners of all time. He's only 21 years old, and this was only his fourth marathon. He was first in Frankfurt in in 2008, and second last there last year. At Boston last year he was 5th.

Many have confused him for 4-time Boston winner, Robert Kipkoech Cheruiyot, who did not run this year due to injury. The two are not related, but the younger Robert considers the elder an example and mentor.

Thank you Jason. It was a great moment for me too. And I believe this Robert Cheruiyot will be one of the great distance runners of all time. He's only 21 years old, and this was only his fourth marathon. He was first in Frankfurt in in 2008, and second last there last year. At Boston last year he was 5th.

Many have confused him for 4-time Boston winner, Robert Kipkoech Cheruiyot, who did not run this year due to injury. The two are not related, but the younger Robert considers the elder an example and mentor.
Ahhh... consider me one of the confused! I saw the name and thought it was the elder...

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Lovely b&w's from Boston. I keep coming back to this one for some reason. Not as "artistic" as the others, but a portrait where I really feel that the character of the man comes out towards me.

Lloyd, nothing much to say about your marathon man. It's perfect, of course, and easily a front page, but then, your runners mostly are :thumbs:

Last edited:

shtarka1

Lovely b&w's from Boston. I keep coming back to this one for some reason. Not as "artistic" as the others, but a portrait where I really feel that the character of the man comes out towards me.
Thanks Jorgen. This gentleman radiated warmth & that was what i wanted to portray...A Kind Soul!:)

V

Vivek

Here is a Taraxacum officinale/Dandelion (UV) portrait. There are many "Dandelions" and different varieties show up in the same place even due to subtle changes in the climate, during similar seasons and time of a year! Totally confusing...

False color reflected UV shot (no Nikon gear).

Thanks for all kind remarks, folks!:)

I stay away because (as I already mentioned) I no longer use Nikon equipment (barring some flashes and the UV-Nikkor 105/4.5). I do follow this thread. Really top notch stuff posted here. :thumbs:

Steen, Thanks for your kind words! I am humbled.