The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Even More Fun Pictures with Nikon

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member
(...) These are in Nepal.
Ah, Nepal, now I get it. At first I thought about Ganges just like Vivek suggested.
But when I looked at the faces some of the attendants just didn't seem to be from India.
I didn't even consider Nepal as I thought the nepalese people were mainly buddhists. Totally wrong here.
Now I found that the majority of the nepalese are actually hindus, according to a couple of websites.
Oh well, seems like it's just my ignorance that strikes again :rolleyes: Conclusion: I need to travel a lot more :) Thanks rayyan.

- - - - -

Love the Dehavilland Beaver, Matt !

V

Vivek

Ah, Nepal, now I get it. At first I thought about Ganges just like Vivek suggested.
But when I looked at the faces some of the attendants just didn't seem to be from India.
I didn't even consider Nepal as I thought the nepalese people were mainly buddhists. Totally wrong here.
Now I found that the majority of the nepalese are actually hindus, according to a couple of websites.
Oh well, seems like it's just my ignorance that strikes again :rolleyes: Conclusion: I need to travel a lot more :) Thanks rayyan.

- - - - -

Love the Dehavilland Beaver, Matt !
I am from India and I never could figure out who is from India or Africa or China or Afghanistan or Iran (Freddie Mercury of Queen, is an example) by looking at the faces . Such is the diversity there.:eek:

Also, there are very few differences between the Tibetan Buddhists and the Hindus (religion wise).

Yes, Nepal used to be the only Hindu kingdom until recently. India is secular from inception according to the constitution.

Rayyan, Nice work. Keep them coming. :)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Endless motorsports.

S5 with Nikkor 300mm f/4.0 @ f/5.6

S5 with Nikkor 300mm f/4.0 @ f/4.0

S5 with Nikkor 300mm f/4.0 @ f/5.0

S5 with Nikkor 300mm f/4.0 @ f/8.0

S5 with Nikkor 300mm f/4.0 @ f/4.5

S5 with Nikkor 300mm f/4.0 @ f/5.6

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
What an ingenious yet delightful way to avoid the proverbial "ban for brickwall test" by adding a skintones assessment. ;) :D

Joke aside, super nice model, composition, DOF and lighting (natural light?).
A real great portrait, Lloyd. :thumbs:

Lloyd

What an ingenious yet delightful way to avoid the proverbial "ban for brickwall test" by adding a skintones assessment. ;) :D

Joke aside, super nice model, composition, DOF and lighting (natural light?).
A real great portrait, Lloyd. :thumbs:
LOL. I wish I'd thought of that brick wall thing!

Natural light, with an SB-900 providing fill at -1.7 EV, hence the tiny catchlight in the eyes.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
Wow, you guys are sincerely good. Staggering stuff again in a few pages...

A Few From Boston Yesterday...

Undoubtedly a splendid day in Boston, at least photography wise.
All worth a quote and comment...i'll stick to my own three favorites above: the first for the genuine smile, and emanating light... the second for the analog quality and lifelike, slightly blurred impression. The last for the instant street classics feel, the theme & characters, and the perfect BW conversion, accordingly (would love to see the original color with as little PP as possible, btw).

Composition, light and moment are all powerful.

Great job again, Steve.

Here's a spring illustration.

Nikon D300 • Carl Zeiss Planar 1.4/50 ZF • 1/400 sec. at f/8 ISO 200 • Capture NX
Sounds like a colorful, exotic version of spring.
Nice catch :)

Ashes to Ashes....

Rayyan, the whole series of shots are mind-blowing. On different levels, it makes us all not only peep into another dimension, but ponder on them.
This would deserve serious publishing in a magazine. Really.

Dehavilland Beaver. Cheers, Matt.

D300; 300mm f/2.8 w/ TC-E14; 1/1250s @ f/10; ISO 400

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Matt, in my book this beaver is one of your best.
PP is simply perfectly adequate.

Endless motorsports.

S5 with Nikkor 300mm f/4.0 @ f/5.0

Jorgen, the motor shots are action packed and quite impressive.

Yet for some reason the Stripes one above really stands out for me. Well maybe the reason is that it's consistent with your masterful street shots style... love it anyway.

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member
LOL. I wish I'd thought of that brick wall thing!

Natural light, with an SB-900 providing fill at -1.7 EV, hence the tiny catchlight in the eyes.
Was under the impression of just one fill light indeed, but instead of analysing too closely i thought i'd rather ask. Lazy :)
This is definitely good work, Lloyd.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
From last night; our Rachel.
A classic portrait, Lloyd. We need more brick wall shots like that :thumbup:

Thank you all for your kind words. I'm afraid there will be more motor sports this year. The S5 and the old 300mm is a surprisingly competent combo for this kind of shooting; sharp, fast enough and no blown highlights under the tropical sun. If somebody gave me a million, I would consider the new 200-400 though :p

Lloyd

A classic portrait, Lloyd. We need more brick wall shots like that :thumbup:

Thank you all for your kind words. I'm afraid there will be more motor sports this year. The S5 and the old 300mm is a surprisingly competent combo for this kind of shooting; sharp, fast enough and no blown highlights under the tropical sun. If somebody gave me a million, I would consider the new 200-400 though :p
More motor sports shots would be great! I know what you mean about that new 200-400, I read the specs, and am interested in the IQ. I know I'm pretty happy with the old version as is.