The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

D60 opinions

colyn

I currently own a D200 but have been looking at the D60 as a small carry around camera for when I don't need all of the functions of the D200.

I plan to buy a new camera whether it be the D60 or another so I'm not interested in the older models.

So my question would be is this model worth the $600 with kit lens best buy is currently selling it for??

deepdiver

Hi Colyn

Nikon D60 is still using CCD on their sensor. The color from CCD is very different from CMOS.
CMOS is a lot better (IMHO). Nikon D3/3x, D700, D90 and the new D5000 is using CMOS.
My suggestion would be, get Nikon D5000 instead of D60...
It's a much better camera.
and btw, D60 is already discontinue, nikon replaced it with D3000

Andree

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
It has the same sensor, more or less, as your D200, so you should feel at home, but $600? That's what I paid for a D80 more than a year ago. That was body only (who needs the kit lens anyway), but still, the D80 is relatively compact too, and is a much, much nicer camera.

colyn

Hi Colyn

My suggestion would be, get Nikon D5000 instead of D60...
It's a much better camera.
and btw, D60 is already discontinue, nikon replaced it with D3000

Andree
I haven't looked at the D5000 but understand it is a 12MP camera.
Thanks