The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Small Change the Cat

Lili

K100d, part of my DSLR rennaisance ;)

I like the long tonal scale despite the iso 1600 (50-200m lens only opens to f4.5)

Here is a similar shot with the small sensor Fuji S6000fd

ISO 100
Because of the subject it is hard to get identical angles and light, Cats cooperate SO well ;)

Last edited:
Nice cat shots both.

I prefer the second one, probably because the light and pose is more interesting. But the background is less busy in the first (and it´s not just the shorter DOF, it´s those books...).

With dogs, one has to keep shooting all the time to get a decent number of keepers. Kids are the same; would suppose cats are, too.

Lili

Nice cat shots both.

I prefer the second one, probably because the light and pose is more interesting. But the background is less busy in the first (and it´s not just the shorter DOF, it´s those books...).

With dogs, one has to keep shooting all the time to get a decent number of keepers. Kids are the same; would suppose cats are, too.
I quite agree Per, I find with my cats at least, the use of the LCD live preview really helps; my face is not covered and I am looking at the LCD NOT the kitties.

Lili

K100D, 135mm F2.5 handheld at f2.5, 1/90sec iso 800

Old 135mm Manual Takumar lens I just got

Lili

Thanks Helen :)
It looks too dark on the office monitor versus my laptop at home
here is lightened version