The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Stuart´s R6

leif e

This is almost frustrating. Three new things (tools/toys) at once. 1) I bought Stuart´s R6 – new two me (lovely camera).
2) I´ve had a 2,8/90 Elmarit-R lying around for several weeks with no camera to try it on – new to me.
3) The first film I ran through the R6 also came in the mail the other day; Fujipan 400 CN - new to me.

And; I think I´m rather convinced and all three counts. This is a birch (I´m into trees). For those who´ve seen my rather wintery pics in the digital M forum, and wonder where the snow is, I say; check out the little hole.:D

Thanks Stuart.

leif e

helenhill

Beautiful Shot Indeed....

if I am not mistaken my beautiful M4 now LIVES in Norway ;);)

she's a Lady of the WORLD .... I'm sure you'll be a good papa

helenhill

I have been thinking about an M 90 elmarit
I realise you have an R /wonder how different their size is
how is it to walk about All day ?
its looks beautifully crisp, lovely detail

Last edited:

leif e

Darn!:D I was so keen to TELL you about the M4. (He´ll never paint a camera of mine again!:D) It IS a beauty!

I´ve only used the R-version of the 2,8/90 for a couple of days. Waiting for a neck strap, I carry the thing around in my hand, holding the lens. Works for me. Compared to more modern stuff, I guess it´s heavyish, but in a good way.

I´ll say hello to the Lady.

leif e

bensonga

Congratulations on the R6 and 90 Elmarit Leif! Very nice photo of the birch bark.

I have the 90 Elmarit-R also and use it on my R8. It's a wonderful lens. Not too large, but with a nice heft.

Helen -- re your question about the M version. I don't have one, since I don't own an M camera, but here's what Erwin Puts says about this lens in the Leica Lens Compendium: "In 1980 the Wetzlar designers recomputed the 2.8/90 for the R again and created the best 2.8/90mm ever in the history of Leica (R and M)....The M-version arrived on the market in 1990, and is, even today, one of the best lenses in the Leica M stable."

I think you must get one! :)

Gary

leif e

Stuart; thanks again! I´m well into roll #2 and there are actually a couple of snow-flakes I haven´t yet photographed. :)
leif e

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Congratulations on the new R6, Leif. I hope that you post some shots in the analogue thread. This shot is very nice.