The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Novoflex adapters for Samsung NX

Jonathon Delacour

Subscriber Member
In the thread on new lenses for the Samsung NX, I wrote:
Well, I'm supposed to receive an email from B&H as soon [the Samsung NX is] in stock but now I think I'll wait until there are adapters for Pen F, Rokkor MC/MD, and Hexanon AR lenses available.
Now, according to DPreview, Novoflex has announced nine new adapters for the Samsung NX:

* Nikon F
* Canon FD
* Minolta MD
* Minolta/Sony Alpha
* Leica R
* Pentax K
* Olympus OM
* M42
* T2

Nothing on price or availability but it shouldn't be too long before the Chinese manufacturers announce their NX adapters. (And I bet Rong Jin will offer Pen F and Hexanon models too.)

V

Vivek

We have firmware updates for the mythical lenses, adapters for other system lenses...where is the camera?

Jonathon Delacour

Subscriber Member
We have firmware updates for the mythical lenses, adapters for other system lenses...where is the camera?
Vivek, your guess is as good as mine! :mad:

While we're waiting, here's a question you can probably answer. The flange focal distances for the Samsung NX and Olympus Pen F are 25.5 mm and 28.95 mm respectively. Is 3.45 mm enough room for an adapter?

V

Vivek

That (3.45mm) is really pushing it Jonathon. However, one has to look at the NX mount (the diameter in particular) before giving the final verdict.

V

Vivek

Well, one can always change the camera mount. ;)

I am serious about getting a NX body (if such thing ever becomes available for a cash purchase ) to use my Olympus pen F lenses.

I will change the mount if I have to.

Last edited:

Jonathon Delacour

Subscriber Member
Well, one can always change the camera mount. ;)

I am serious about getting a NX body (if such thing ever becomes available for a cash purchase ) to use my Olympus pen F lenses.

I will change the mount if I have to.
Hmm, perhaps I should start looking for another set of Pen F extension tubes (or an ugly Pen F body).