The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Shortest lens: Rollei x-Act2 with Nikon D3?

H

HOG2001

I use a Rollei x-Act2 in combination with Nikon D3 and Schneider Componon-S 150mm. Now I want a shorter lens...what is the shortest usable lens having room for shifting? Any experiences?

Roman

T.Karma

I use a Rollei x-Act2 in combination with Nikon D3 and Schneider Componon-S 150mm. Now I want a shorter lens...what is the shortest usable lens having room for shifting? Any experiences?

Roman
I have tried it with a Canon and a 80mm Digitar on the regular lens board and it did not work. After checking the focus I calculated that you will need at least a 100mm and wide angle bellows to get infinty focus, and some movement possibility (no warranty). Rollei's recessed lens board would also help a little to get the lens closer to the camera.

However, I found 100mm is too long for my needs, so I made my own lens board with 40mm of recession. Now I can get the rear element of the lens directly in front the mirror box., and still have plenty of movement.

However, for this modification you will need the cambo type of digitars, cause they do only have the aperture ring and no shutter. (Schneider and Rollei shutters are too big to allow deep recession).