The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Schneider primes for Samsung NX10

Jonathon Delacour

Subscriber Member
According to Pentax/Samsung Rumors:
The SCHNEIDER lenses wont be m42, they´ll be new design.
The SX lenses (SCHNEIDER-SAMSUNG) be 4 this year and 2 next year.

2010:
-15mm f/2.3 Super-Angulon
-21mm f/2 Super-Angulon
-35mm f/1.4 Xenon
-55mm f/1.4 Xenon

2011:
-90mm f/1.8 Tele-Xenar
-70mm f/2.8 Claron (Macro)

Lenses with AF/MF switch and mechanical focus.
I wrote in another thread that the ability to use MF legacy lenses would determine whether or not I buy an NX10. Assuming that these new lenses are good (and why wouldn't they be?), the NX10's alleged inability to allow easy focusing of MF lenses is suddenly no longer a deal breaker.

Great that Samsung has a much better understanding than Olympus and Panasonic of the importance -- to some of us, at least -- of fast prime lenses.

V

Vivek

Sounds interesting but the inability to zoom in (as in Pana and Oly cams -4/3rds or m4/3rds) for focus with any lens will not be overcome with any prime lens selection with AF/MF switch and mechanical focusing (heavens know what that means). :(

The 21 Super Angulon sounds good as well as the macro Claron.

Tele Xenar (a tessar), in this day and age? :confused:

LCT

...Assuming that these new lenses are good (and why wouldn't they be?), the NX10's alleged inability to allow easy focusing of MF lenses is suddenly no longer a deal breaker...
Not for me i'm afraid. I won't buy 4 or 5 new lenses for the pleasure of adding an APS evil to my other cameras. Pity that i can use my M lenses on my old R-D1s and i cannot do the same on that new Samsung. Oh well...

Jonathon Delacour

Subscriber Member
Sounds interesting but the inability to zoom in (as in Pana and Oly cams -4/3rds or m4/3rds) for focus with any lens will not be overcome with any prime lens selection with AF/MF switch and mechanical focusing (heavens know what that means). :(

The 21 Super Angulon sounds good as well as the macro Claron.

Tele Xenar (a tessar), in this day and age? :confused:
I'm assuming that these are all auto-focus lenses and therefore, if I had an NX10, I'd use it mainly with some fast AF primes (21/2, 30/2, 55/1.4). I thought that mechanical focusing means not focus-by-wire.

V

Vivek

That sound great (no fly by wire)! :thumbs:

It is easy on the battery consumption as well. ;)