The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

is an Epson RD-1 still a viable option?

jonoslack

cam
you could ship it to me as well - I'm very reliable, and it would have a very good home here .. . .erm I mean I'd send it straight to you wherever you are
:thumbs:

cam

cam
you could ship it to me as well - I'm very reliable, and it would have a very good home here .. . .erm I mean I'd send it straight to you wherever you are
:thumbs:
:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

cam

cam -
You can ship to me as well. We could also work it out to take the 35mm lens to California and ship it back at the end of your trip. This gives you about 50mm coverage a nice compliment to the 28 on the DP1.
Terry, that is sooooooooooo generous of you and i just may take you up on it! unlike Mr. E., i think you might actually hand the camera over :ROTFL:

cam

so if i buy the whole kit ($2600), the used one is mine! (otherwise, i'm second in line for body only) that would mean that although the camera is used, i'd essentially be getting a Leica 21/2.8 M Elmarit pre-ASPH for $400.

i think i'm saying yes.

Terry, would i still be able to ship it to you so i could have it to play around with in New York?

Terry

Yes cam,
No problem. I will send you a PM with the info. I don't know the value of that lens. What type of warranty do you get with a new camera if you bought it from the online store?

cam

online store, $2114 manufacturer's warranty. used, $1400, no warranty. i know the current owner used it for less than 100 shots. trying to double check on how used it was from the original owner...

thoughts, people?

btw, if i buy the used one i will probably have it shipped to Sonoma as the guy is in Sacramento. i still might take you up on the CV though :)

jonoslack

You of Little Faith . . . moi? half inch a camera? NEVER!
Whatever you decide, good luck! (I'm still casually interested in a swap with the 21mm, but I guess it'd have to be after you get back to Paris)

helenhill

Jeez Cam
you've been BUSY losing your mind Today
with Decisions & the Lust Bug

How many cameras will you be bringing to NY:bugeyes:
you know I'm just Teasing

and am near to buying at the matsuiyastore
They have 4 in stock ....between that & the Dp1
This is my mind as to which way to go......:argue:
All the Best, H

Terry

I'm just Teasing

and am near to buying at the matsuiyastore
They have 4 in stock ....between that & the Dp1
This is my mind as to which way to go......:argue:
All the Best, H
:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

and
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

ShiroKuro

No ..... But a have been thinking about it.... I have been pretty content with my M6 and Ricoh GRD2 ..I also have recently picked up a Ricoh GR1s... but I get that itch for a Digital Rangefinder ..... I will more than likely hold out until I can afford an M8 ..... I am off to Japan in a few hours so we will see what happens ..... new camera ,lens or film scanner ...... with the DP1 ,the new Olympus with the pancake lens and the Nikon D300 .... am sort of conflicted - I never thought I would like digital as much as I do .... Plenty of camera stores in Tokyo so I will have a chance to try a few out ....... ; )
Enjoy NY and your new camera ..... as I am sure one will find its way into your hands ...

cam

bad bad bad! i remember now why i stayed away from the M8. it wasn't just the cost of the camera, i knew i'd become obsessed with lenses... currently have a huge hankering for an older 35 or 50 LUX... there's just something about the way it draws, especially the 35mm. i'm doomed...

but i got the camera :D

Terry

bad bad bad! i remember now why i stayed away from the M8. it wasn't just the cost of the camera, i knew i'd become obsessed with lenses... currently have a huge hankering for an older 35 or 50 LUX... there's just something about the way it draws, especially the 35mm. i'm doomed...

but i got the camera :D
yes dear, welcome :rolleyes:

cam

i wish i could have a hen night with you two and talk lens! couple glasses of wine, fondling of cameras, nad you'd give me the skinny on lenses...

tell me! what is the one lens that is just the cat's meow?

which were disappointments?

which are perfectly acceptable and not that much $$$?

sigh... so much more fun in person...

Terry

CAM,
Is the camera coming to me? Why don't you stop by on Tuesday or Wednesday evening and we can go through all the lenses I have and you can see size weight etc.

Here is my stash
Leica
21 f2.8 Asph
28 f2.0 Asph
35 f2.0 version IV
50 f1.4 last pre asph version
50 f2.0 current
90 f2.5

CV
21 f4
28 f3.5
35 f2.5
75 f2.5

LOL - this might take a while !!!! Don't worry, I'm well stocked with wine. You will have to stop midway cross country to check out Maggie's stash. I think she and I don't really overlap on CV lenses.