The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ground control to Vivek

Jonathon Delacour

Subscriber Member
Have you received your NX10 yet? Some of us are going crazy waiting for your impressions of the new cam. Inquiring minds need to know...

V

Vivek

Jonathon, Still waiting for the customs to clear it.................................:mad:

Martin S

Vivek,

This is the longest customs inspection ever.

Either you will get a large bill for duty, or none at all.

Martin

V

Vivek

Martin, Jonathon: The camera kit has landed (finally).

All the talk that goes around about the LED display is every bit true. Outstanding!:thumbup:

Pathetic EVF (I am charging the battery...).:thumbdown:

Will not hold a candle to that of G1's.

The 30/2 is nice. Build quality is better than the Oly-D 17/2.8 (no big surprise) of m4/rds but less than that of the Pana 20/1.7. Flimsy, lightweight plastic with a substantial look. Filter threads are very well placed (better than Pana).

The 30/2 has CA (as seen on the display, lateral, I suspect). The magnification only works in the center and only 2X (as expounded by elsewhere) and only with the system lens mounted. If there is a firmware (if that is possible at all in this cam) to alleviate this, it would be good.

Will try to use the cam (if it does not sound very enthusiastic that means that is my initial impression :eek:) and post some pics when I am ready.

V

Vivek

The OLED (Organic LED) display is the strongest point of the NX10.

For an EP1 shooter, it would look heavenly. The best of its kind.

Did I mention that the EVF is PATHETIC?

After a while, I found the toggle to find selective area focus. If anyone thinks (like me) that the Panasonic G1's CDAF sucks, then this cam's AF makes it look much better.

I think I better shut up now because I am toying with the idea of putting it up for sale...:eek:

V

Vivek

Perhaps in a day or two, Martin. I would like to figure out what works best and how to get decent images out of the RAW files.

I know the default settings for AF suck.

Just now I figured out how to make the camera work without any lens mounted on it...:)

N

nxlutz

The OLED (Organic LED) display is the strongest point of the NX10.

For an EP1 shooter, it would look heavenly. The best of its kind.

Did I mention that the EVF is PATHETIC?

After a while, I found the toggle to find selective area focus. If anyone thinks (like me) that the Panasonic G1's CDAF sucks, then this cam's AF makes it look much better.

I think I better shut up now because I am toying with the idea of putting it up for sale...:eek:
Thanks for sharing this with us, especially me a fence sitter and sorry to hear that your initial impressions are poor. I look forward to you future observations and comments.
Cheers,
Nick

Martin S

Jonathan:

I looked at FM just after I read ecsh's note yesterday, and couldn't find the for sale item.

I guess, someone had a change of heart, or made a very quick sake.

Martin

V

Vivek

One other +ve for the NX10 (other than the OLED screen) is the flash.

The pop-up exposes accurately with any lens and the flash sync is at 1/180s. :thumbs:

I will be buying a SF20 (or whatever it is called) soon.