The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP1

Will

I've just done what you asked nei1 using my GX100 on step zoom to do the framing. One image taken with the DP1 and Gx100, then set the GX100 to 35mm and walked back till it had the same field of view as the first image on the GX100, took another image with the DP1, loaded the second DP1 image into photoshop and cropped to the same field of view as the first DP1 image. Few!

After doing all that I realised that I had taken a flat image so you cant really see any perspective changes lol
Can't be bothered to do it all again just yet though so these will Have to do for now:p

28mm

35mm crop 2640 x 1760 down to 2133 X 1405 (for future reference)

Will

Realised I'd posted this image in the creative thread and it isn't a DP1 image so I've removed it.

Last edited:

Brian Mosley

Hi Neil,

yes I understand... I'll give it a go, in the meantime - here's another DP1 shot from this afternoon.

Which do you prefer, colour or B&W?

I am *seriously* impressed by the latitude for pushing these files in PP...

Kind Regards

Brian

cam

I am *seriously* impressed by the latitude for pushing these files in PP...
i know you didn't ask me, but i love the b/w. nice PP!

PP'ing being why i even thought i'd chime in here (i have no landscapes to shoot so i'm not even offering). i completely agree with you!

the weather's been pretty bad so i've been shooting more with the GRDII... i am just astounded by how much more i can get out of the DP1 files in comparison, be it blown highlights or blocked shadows.

Will

Brian, superlatives get bandied about a lot these days but that last one really IS amazing.

N

nei1

Will,thanks very much for youre efforts,the quality is still good,thanks again,Neil
p.s. sorry to put you to all this trouble,but much appreciated:clap:

DavidE

Brian, I especially like the last B&W image. Edward Weston would have been proud. It shows the DP1 can capture a full range of gray-tones. (Or would that be grey-tones? If I remember correctly, usually the U.S. favors the "gray" spelling, while the U.K. favors the "grey" spelling.)

Brian Mosley

Thanks Will, David... I think my photography is improving by leaps and bounds, by spending more time around passionate photographers - both through the Safari Group, and here on this forum!

Kind Regards

Brian

cam

i have to agree that the last one is just stunning. it really shows the dimensional effect you can get on the DP1 if you just shoot everything spot on!

N

nei1

Will,maybe youre right but paralax must change as youre stood somewhere else I think:confused:

helenhill

WELL
I've DONE it.......
it's in my possession
just waiting for the D*** battery to charge
Hope I can live up to ALL the GREAT Photos Posted here
Yeehaaaaaw!!
Helen :D;):):bugeyes:

helenhill

Well now I'm in trouble
Thanks to Will,Cam,Brian,David
for pushing me over the EDGE
in getting the DP1
Thanx All.......love ya :ROTFL:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I don't think you can go wrong Helen -- lots of really spectacular images shown here :thumbs:

Will

Nice shot Brian, there are some lovely rhododendrons out everywhere now, all this rain has been good for them perhaps?

Three for today, one flower pic to continue your theme and a couple of b&w conversions in ps.

helenhill

Alright be EASY on me SIGMAFIA......no kiss of Death yet
Mind you I hated the camera the first night. Feels good in the hand but oh so difficult :banghead: in low light UNLESS you do total Manual......
My husband drug me back from the Garbage Chute (only joking).
Actually Today we're becoming Friends:angel:

Thought the picture was crappy:(
will repost when I get the hang of it

Last edited: