The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP1

Will

Very nice helen, lovely atmosphere to it.

That hammock has seen better days but doesn't it makes a good sculptural subject.

Last edited:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Very nice helen, lovely atmosphere to it.

That hammock has seen better days but doesn't it makes a good sculptural subject.
Hey this is kind of fun. Do we get to make up descriptions of pictures Helen might have taken? I have a clear image in my head now of a moody scene with a lonely hammock in it. Nice shot Helen! :ROTFL:

helenhill

Hey this is kind of fun. Do we get to make up descriptions of pictures Helen might have taken? I have a clear image in my head now of a moody scene with a lonely hammock in it. Nice shot Helen! :ROTFL:
LOL...LOL...LOL...
Silly of me to have deleted the pix
but frankly I'm enjoying this Moment.....
Tim & Will /The men in the nice white suits will be with you shortly:ROTFL:
Best, H

Brian Mosley

Come on Helen, let's see a shot from you today ;)

Here's mine from this morning...

DP1, 1/200s f/6.3 at iso100

This baloon seemed to have drifted from the nearby countryside over the city... a long way to travel until the next clear area to land!

Kind Regards

Brian

Will

Being dyslexic myself it took m quite a while to see what you meant! Spell checker rules KO

cam

Alright be EASY on me SIGMAFIA......no kiss of Death yet
Mind you I hated the camera the first night. Feels good in the hand but oh so difficult :banghead: in low light UNLESS you do total Manual......
My husband drug me back from the Garbage Chute (only joking).
Actually Today we're becoming Friends:angel:

Thought the picture was crappy:(
will repost when I get the hang of it
keep at it! the Sigma is definitely a hate-at-first-sight camera. once you see what it can do, however...

hiding here right now. just handed it to my BF who's grumbling about everything. need him to take one of those OMG pictures immediately or i am dead meat :bugeyes: why oh why won't he go outside???

Brian Mosley

LOL, hate-at-first-sight camera... perfect description.

It's worth the effort to master though, definitely worth having on you full time imho.

Kind Regards

Brian

cam

i agree, Brian!

but my boyfriend just has the patience of a pea... sent him OUT and need him to come back with at least one jaw-dropper or he'll keep on giving me these are-you-insane looks... arghhh!!!

need him to understand how i got my new obsession with sensors and lenses!

p.s. can i borrow your balloon or maybe your baloon?

Last edited:

DavidE

Brian, I also like the balloon shot. The composition, dark lighting, and moody clouds work especially well. Makes you wonder whether the sign applies to the sky as well as the fenced-in area.

What's that faint object between the trees? Is it a distant airplane?

Brian Mosley

Hi cam,

p.s. can i borrow your balloon or maybe your baloon?
you can certainly borrow my picture ;)

Actually, I think there's scope here for a future Photo Safari event :D

And thanks Amin, I hope there will be a DP1a with advanced lcd/faster electronics and a good number of the suggestions we made, implemented in firmware.

Kind Regards

Brian

Brian Mosley

Nice shot David, and good eye... I don't know what that was... some kind of UFO I think, although I can't tell whether it's an insect, a bird or a plane (or even superman!)

Kind Regards

Brian

DavidE

Nice bokeh on that one, Will. The out-of-focus portion is as interesting as the in-focus portion.

Brian Mosley

Great framing Will... and typical foveon sharpness too!

Speaking of sun, here's tonight's sunset...

Kind Regards

Brian

Will

Nice bokeh on that one, Will. The out-of-focus portion is as interesting as the in-focus portion.
Thanks David, it is gratifying when someone sees what you are trying to achieve in a picture. What I'm really enjoying with the DP1 are the lovely bokeh possibilities available that are hard or impossible to get with GRD2. That and the foveon colours and sharp sharp lens!

Still REALLY hate the screen though.

Damn it Brian, the subtle colours and delicate cloud details in you pic are exquisite!

helenhill

A bit of a Morbid Moody Shot....the Dp1 is bringing it out:banghead::banghead:
Just realized my WB was on 'Overcast' which probably contributed to that 'magenta' Hue ....ooops -Best ,H

A

asabet

My older son Oliver, who just broke his arm again. Focus is on the hand holding an inchworm, which is the reason for the big smile.

The view of the hospital where I work from across the street: