The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP1

DavidE

durr3, the DP1 has an upper limit of ISO 800. I've had inconsistent results with ISO 400 in interior lighting situations, so I usually avoid ISO 800. That said, I have seen some impressive images online that were shot at ISO 800.

With B&W, I've had pretty good luck shooting in RAW at ISO 100, even in moderate light, and pushing the exposure with the Sigma software.

DavidE

Here's another DP1 shot from Boulder, Colorado. This is the view from the bottom of the hiking trail.

ISO 100, f/9.0, 1/160 second

DavidE

Here it is. Could probably improve it some by tinkering with it, but this should give you a good idea of how it would convert.

Will

I have been told that my replacement DP1, from Park cameras, should be with me tomorrow
\o/ \o/ \o/ :D

That b&w image is excellent David, makes me glad that I will soon be able to continue experimenting with DP1 files myself.

P

pcheywood

My DP1 has just arrived................Battery is charging as I type, SPP is now installed, just the slow wait until the full charge now.:thumbup:

Paul.

DavidE

Great news, Paul. Don't you hate having to wait for the initial battery charge? Almost as bad as Will having to wait for his replacement DP1.

Here's another shot from the Boulder trip. It has been fun going through the images to find which ones would work well in B&W.

MisiekBunnik

yup, mine is charging also!

just picked it up...

I had a lens-hood, a spare battery and a tiffen close up set already waiting (which was painfull). I had installed SPP2.5 and played with carl rytterfalk files, so that should be no secret.
Let's see if my canon G7 will not be to jealous with her little new sister!

but now, wait and enjoy!

David I love your series, being a climber!

Last edited:
W

wbrandsma

Great photographs David. And congrats Paul and Ronald with your new cameras!

DavidE

Thanks, Wouter. That means a lot to me. I've always admired your landscapes (and more recently your street photos).

Welcome on-board the DP1 train, MisiekBunnik. The DP1 should be a terrific choice for climbing, given its excellent weight-and-size to image quality ratio.

MisiekBunnik

Well, both batterys charged and so surprised by the joy of using the DP1. It forces you to think (and you have the time since it's not the quickest of tools i've used). But what it gives you in return... sharpness, colour, subtle look, dynamic range... All packed in a no nonsense box. Very glad I bought this tool and surprised by it's quality of pictures, now I see them from myself on my own screen.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ronaldbunnik

Will

That is a good example of the beautiful files the DP1 produces. Good shot.
My replacement arrived today so I'm a happy snapper again. I was surprised how much I missed having a DP1.

Lili

Well, both batterys charged and so surprised by the joy of using the DP1. It forces you to think (and you have the time since it's not the quickest of tools i've used). But what it gives you in return... sharpness, colour, subtle look, dynamic range... All packed in a no nonsense box. Very glad I bought this tool and surprised by it's quality of pictures, now I see them from myself on my own screen.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ronaldbunnik
Lovely, subtle and delicate colors, superb image quality

DavidE

Nice shot, MisiekBunnik.

I can almost feel the humidity. It has a three-dimensional quality that really shows off the DP1's capabilities.