The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sigma DP1

kdemas

Tom,

Very impressive, especially the lion shot. I just took my DP1 to New York and it performed beautifully. I have real gripes with some of the usability issues but once I see the files it trounces my GRDII and DLUX 3.

Thanks for posting!

Kent

Paratom

Tom,

Very impressive, especially the lion shot. I just took my DP1 to New York and it performed beautifully. I have real gripes with some of the usability issues but once I see the files it trounces my GRDII and DLUX 3.

Thanks for posting!

Kent
Hi Kent,
I dont find the handling as bad as many state. The only thing I dont like is the time between 2 raw frames.

RvN

I just updated the firmware of my DP1 with the latest version and will start using it again. Somehow I stopped using it and other camera's like the M8 and the Pana GF1/Ricoh GRD get more use. But looking through this thread I see such beautifull pictures !!! that i ask myself why the camera is collecting dust.

Any of you still using the DP1 or has everybody migrated to newer camera's?

tbhv55

I just updated the firmware of my DP1 with the latest version and will start using it again. Somehow I stopped using it and other camera's like the M8 and the Pana GF1/Ricoh GRD get more use. But looking through this thread I see such beautifull pictures !!! that i ask myself why the camera is collecting dust.

Any of you still using the DP1 or has everybody migrated to newer camera's?
It's rather an odd coincidence that this should come up now... my DP1 also had been gathering dust for almost a year, but recently I've started using it again - this time for architectural and landscape HDR work. It really is superb for these slow, methodical types of photography, and the results are tremendously impressive.

I, too, have wondered why I've ignored it for so long. It's good to know that you (and, who knows, perhaps others?) are still finding a use for this off-beat, yet strangely fascinating camera...