The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Anyone around here got a Pentax K7?

jonoslack

What does DA Limited actually mean?
It means that they are for use on Digital sensors (i.e. cropped). Limited means that the output is limited 'cos they take so long to make (not a limited edition).
As Kent says - they're lovely lenses, very reminiscent of leica glass, and really small.

Kent - great post. I think you're quite right about the use of the camera, I came to grief with it because I already have the M9 with some leica lenses, so I wanted it to be more versatile.
I loved the body and ergonomics . . . just not the zooms or the high ISO.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
What does DA Limited actually mean?
Then there are the FA Limiteds which were launched for 35mm film. There are only three of those, 31 f/1.8, 43 f/1.9 and 77 f/1.8. The 31mm is a masterpiece, but expensive and not good value on a crop camera. The 77mm is one of the best portrait lenses ever, but still light and compact. I've considered buying a Pentax camera for the 77mm alone.

The FAs are available in black as well as chrome.

There's a very lovely gallery at pbase by one Mr. RC Wu, who the last four years has taken photos of his girlfriend, now wife, with an assortment of these lenses plus some other Pentax glass. Well worth a look:

http://www.pbase.com/qoq/to_my_lovesally

Looks better than a brick wall if you ask me :)

Last edited: