The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A Few R-D1 Snaps

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
THANK YOU CAM & TERRY

I'm soooo in LUV
My new Jewel is going EVERYWHERE w/me.....
The World is now my focusing Object

Will a LUIGI CASE FIT ?
She is soooo Beautiful
I hate to cover her up (SHES A TART) but she needs to be Sensible

I'm Drunk on Life, Love, Light & Rangefinders!!

BEST -H
Helen,
I'm so happy for you. The R-D1 is a gem. I love your shot of your hubby and your focusing was spot on.:clap:

I sold my R-D1 case on RFF when I got my M8. RFF is a good place to look for a used Luigi case. You just missed one this week.

helenhill

Well here are two more......New Yawkers & their pooches & Eric grain with grit )

Last edited:

helenhill

Newstand local.....Saturday before my shutter jammed :)
Today the camera has left for JAPAN...Repair work in the Land of the Rising Sun

Last edited:
A

asabet

Helen,

Love all your shots in this thread. The RD1 suits you for sure. Hope yours finds its way back to you quickly repaired!

Regards,
Amin

helenhill

Amin
Love ya Doll......Thank you :D
Rangefinders are Special......
'CEPT they can be too d*** Finicky & Delicate

Can't wait for its return.....Mr.Noriaki of Epson is GREAT / Responsive Professional and a pleasure to deal with
YOu did spark my interest in the world of film /Oly OM2n or even 4T

Best-H

Terry

Helen, love the dog and you consistently do a good job of lighting Eric.

I really hope she has a speedy recovery and you can move back into lens lust hell....

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Helen did you ask for a replacement since you just bought this. Not happy to hear about this shutter. Not that I should give you advice on what to do but I am going to anyway . Demand a replacement. You need your camera soon we have our NY shooting date with everyone, got to have your RD1 for that. Fingers crossed

cam

actually, Guy, if it was me i'd preferred to have it looked at by a service center. this is a discontinued model that has been sitting on the shelf for god knows how long... i'd rather know a human being actually put it through it's paces and made sure the camera was in perfect working order (you just may have to wait to play with one, Guy).

i bought mine used, but felt a whole lot better about it after i took it to a service center to have the sensor cleaned (i'd been shooting stopped down and saw the specks right away) and had him do an overall check. framelines, shutter, etc., were all hunky dory (the only other problem was a bubble in the covering and he fixed that for free). it made me feel a whole better that an expert had looked at it and, frankly, the same could be said if i'd bought it brand new. there's something reassuring about the human touch.

eta: Helen, i LOVE that last pic. the newspaper guy looks a bit like Big Russ :(

Last edited:

cam

Southern California. Steve's Camera. absolutely the best!

interestingly, the shutter mechanism seems to be what ultimately fails on these and he explained to me how i'd know when mine started going south. his prices are reasonable and the turn-around is just as quick as can be. i highly recommend!

cam

they truly are superb, Guy. a wonderful resource (even if you have to do it through the mail). they're super quick and knowledgeable, and tell you up front how much it's going to be (i have a feeling they've seen it all). they service a lot of different cameras (both film and DSLR), but the rangefinders and medium formats seem to be their love.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I was actually thinking of creating a vendor forum just for them to promote there products and give out pertinent info. A resource as you will. This may deserve a poll

helenhill

Hi Guy
Mr Noriaki /Matsuiyastore will contact me this Monday when he receives the camera
If its a QUICK Fix I'll go for that .......
otherwise I will Request/Demand a new Camera
He is aware I have an upcoming IMPORTANTE SHOOT with my Guru in early July:ROTFL:

Thanks Terry !!
Thank You Cam for 'STEVE'

Best- H