The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Bokeh shots (non-Leica-M thread)

A

asabet

There's an interesting bokeh thread starting off in the Leica M forum. Having sold my Leica M gear and feeling left out in that thread :p, I thought it would be fun to start a separate bokeh thread here for all other mounts.

A

asabet

Here's one with the Zuiko OM 40mm f/2 (OM-2n, Ilford XP2 Super):

N

nei1

Nice shot Amin,the film looks nice too.Istarted with an OM-1 and later an OM-2,great cameras.What scanner do you use,Im thinking of getting one of the minoltas with the cold cathode light source,Ive read that they scan silver better than the nikons,all the best ,Neil.

cam

gorgeous, Amin!

and thank you for starting this thread.

i crashed the other, much to my regret... i should know better than to post drunken pictures :p

A

asabet

Nice shot Amin,the film looks nice too.Istarted with an OM-1 and later an OM-2,great cameras.What scanner do you use,Im thinking of getting one of the minoltas with the cold cathode light source,Ive read that they scan silver better than the nikons,all the best ,Neil.
Thanks Neil. I'm loving the OM-2n. Haven't invested in a scanner yet. Costco does a good enough job for me scanning negatives, and they are very inexpensive.

gorgeous, Amin!

and thank you for starting this thread.

i crashed the other, much to my regret... i should know better than to post drunken pictures :p
Thanks Cam! I liked your drunken photos :thumbup:! Hopefully both of these threads will go strong. I really enjoy a good bokeh thread.

Terry

OK I'll bite, I have a couple in the Leica thread but I have too many other cameras that need love. Here are some from my Panny TZ3 as small a sensor as you can get!

This one I also used a close up lens....

A

asabet

Beautiful Terry, especially the last one. Bokeh rendition is often ignored on small sensor cameras, but the quality of bokeh can vary quite a bit between them. I tried to do some controlled testing between the G7 and GX100 a while back and preferred the OOF rendition of the G7 based on limited/inconclusive samples. Looks like the TZ3 does a nice job in this area.

Rob, gorgeous colors, and I can see why that zoom may warrant such a title :). Any other bokeh examples to share from the same lens?

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Really nice Terry, #2 is may favorite with an "alien" look about it.

Here's one of the first pics i posted in the gallery when the forum was getting started. D2Xs and 70-200 VR.

robsteve

Subscriber
Here is the Leica 35-70mm f2.8, in the 70mm range and f4. The second picture is the full rez crop into the image. This lens is not only known for its bokeh, but it is also razor sharp, with near APO quality.

A

asabet

Here's an older one with the Canon 50/1.4 at f/3.2, Rebel XT.
The nice thing about this lens on a crop body is that the corners remain relatively free of the effects of lens coma.

LCT

R-D1, Summicron-C 40/2, f/5.6, Epson raw converter.
If the 'cron 35/2 IV is the "king of bokeh", the 'cron 40/2 for the Leica CL is the prince consort at least.

helenhill

Everyone's is sooooo AWESOME........
heres one of Eric / OLY E1 -50 mm Cron f2/ as is no PP /NYC Cafe this afternoon:ROTFL: