Site Sponsors
Page 14 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Ricoh GXR - Show your images

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ricoh GXR - Show your images

Glad to help. Nice photos you are posting!
    Yes, the GXR-M is one heckuva camera. The Voigtländer 15 looks like it works a treat.

Keep on making photos!

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Cheers,

Michiel

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Some more from today. Amazing little camera! Thank you Keith

Michiel

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

And one more.

Michiel

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey View Post
    Glad to help. Nice photos you are posting!
    Yes, the GXR-M is one heckuva camera. The Voigtländer 15 looks like it works a treat.

Keep on making photos!
    You see, I did! Thank you

Michiel

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

The great images on this thread (and some pixel peeping on downloaded files) have convinced me that the Ricoh would make a nice complement to my M9.
    Now the body and finder are readily available, but the GXR-M module seems to be made of unobtanium, nowhere to be found. Or does anyone here know of a source? Thanks in advance.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Looked at some adresses I looked for a long time and they are all out of stock.
    I bought it at Amazon in the US and had it send to me by a friend. Took ages.
    Amazon now states it is out of stock till februari due to the floods in Thailand.
    Amazon seems to have a good connection with Ricoh. For some time amazon.de had it in stock also.

So it doesn't look good.

Michiel

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

That agrees with my own findings. Thank you very much for the update Michiel.
    So it's February then. Oh well..
    Unless of course the NEX 7 surprises, but I'm not holding my breath, as far as Leica-M lenses are concerned.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arne Hvaring View Post
    That agrees with my own findings. Thank you very much for the update Michiel.
    So it's February then. Oh well..
    Unless of course the NEX 7 surprises, but I'm not holding my breath, as far as Leica-M lenses are concerned.
    I'd put in an order with your favorite retailer and wait for the A12 Camera Mount to be delivered. That's what I did when it was announced ... I put in my order in June-ish and it was delivered in mid-September. I'm very glad I did, I was second on the delivery list.

I acquired a base set of lenses (CV 21, 28, 40, and 50 mm, M-Rokkor 90) while I was waiting, and also an M4-2 body to play with them on as well.

Now that I have this gear ... and yes, it's everything and more that I was hoping it would be ... I'm bent on using it and maybe tuning my lens kit as I find (and can afford) the select Zeiss and Leica lenses that improve on the CVs for me. But I know for certain already that the camera and the lenses work well and are not the limiting factor in my photography. ;-)

I have little interest into buying "Yet Another System". But what I've seen thus far from other users' photos, the NEX 5n does better with RF lenses than the NEX 7 so if I were to go for a Sony, I'd pass on the 7 and stick with the 5n.

And I rediscovered how much I love using a Leica M in the process too. I'll complement the GXR-M with a Leica M8 or M9 (likely the latter if I can be patient enough) soon ... although I think I'm jonesing for the M9-P now. Sigh. At least that will keep me in one lens mount system. ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Michiel Schierbeek View Post
    You see, I did! Thank you

Michiel
    Michiel,

Nice shots of the port activity. Years ago I took some shots of L.A. harbor, but now days I would probably get arrested if I got too close.

I am also contemplating 15mm lens, has anyone tried Zeiss ZM 15mm?

Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Has anyone tried to get the M-mount from Japan - might be a better chance there?

Lovely port shots, Michiel. Looks like you had good lighting at that moment.

Here are a couple of S10 shots (vivid black and white mode)

Keith

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Should try B&W soon, but still to color addicted, I suppose.

Here to more from yesterday. It was a beautiful day.

The same day and light, only a little later on the day with the Komura, so a little more red in the sky.
    That Komura lens has this old postcard look, it just can not generate a real blue sky like the Leica does.
    And it is not razor sharp like the Leica but still it is quiet sharp and I like the old postcard look a lot of the Komura.
    It needs a lot of contrast too.

Michiel

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

One more industrial postcard.

Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Ordered a FD to Leica M adapter today from Kipon.

Pleased to say that they call it a Canon FD to Ricoh GXR M-mount adapter. Looks like the GXR has the attention of the adapter makers, which is good. Now if only that Pen F adapter were possible . . . . .

Keith

Post Thanks / Like

Michiel, very nice photos of the harbor. Nice and warm color. Still summer there?

A photo taken taken before the storm on a cruise ship:

Subscriber Member Streetshooter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

LORD knows, you guys are killing me. I am fighting the good fight against using the M module. Youse here make it a fight I probably can't win.
    Have mercy on an ole' shooter.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Hello, thank you WeeSin! Even when it's cold the sun can shine Nice image!

Keith, just today I had a small walk with the Canon FD adapter on it.
    Also used the 20/2.8 but nothing really interesting.
    It is quiet hard to focus. I have to check infinity.

The 28/2 handled a lot easyer.

Michiel

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I'd put in an order with your favorite retailer and wait for the A12 Camera Mount to be delivered. That's what I did when it was announced ... I put in my order in June-ish and it was delivered in mid-September. I'm very glad I did, I was second on the delivery list.

I acquired a base set of lenses (CV 21, 28, 40, and 50 mm, M-Rokkor 90) while I was waiting, and also an M4-2 body to play with them on as well.

Now that I have this gear ... and yes, it's everything and more that I was hoping it would be ... I'm bent on using it and maybe tuning my lens kit as I find (and can afford) the select Zeiss and Leica lenses that improve on the CVs for me. But I know for certain already that the camera and the lenses work well and are not the limiting factor in my photography. ;-)

I have little interest into buying "Yet Another System". But what I've seen thus far from other users' photos, the NEX 5n does better with RF lenses than the NEX 7 so if I were to go for a Sony, I'd pass on the 7 and stick with the 5n.

And I rediscovered how much I love using a Leica M in the process too. I'll complement the GXR-M with a Leica M8 or M9 (likely the latter if I can be patient enough) soon ... although I think I'm jonesing for the M9-P now. Sigh. At least that will keep me in one lens mount system. ;-)
    I have a NEX 5n arriving in a couple of days and just ordered a bunch of adapters, including the interesting Hawks. The idea was to use the Sony for my collection of (mostly) old SLR/RF lenses and other fun stuff, and dedicate the Ricoh to the M-lenses. Thing is my M9 has been in Solms for nearly two months (new 1.4/35 Lux FLE was heavily back-focusing and had focus shift, so both it and camera went back) so I'm getting a wee bit impatient
    But I guess your advice is sound; order the GXR-M and hope for the best

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

;-) Ah, the camera addiction. =8^0

Occasionally I get a bug to pick up a NEX 5n and viewfinder and compare them against the GXR ... but that's "another thousand dollar camera body" and I'd rather put that thousand bucks into the fund to buy the M9-P over the M9.

Sorry to hear that your M9 is lingering with the technicians at Leica. Patience. One thing with either NEX 5n or GXR ... this front and back focusing issue cannot happen since you see exactly the image the sensor does when you focus.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

My next Leica will be the M10, hopefully they have sorted out the focusing issues by then...
    The M9-P is sweet, particularly the chrome, that would be my choice if I didn't already have a M9. Once one has experienced the crispness and "presence" of the non AA filtered files, there is no going back, IMHO. The Ricoh seems to have some of that magic too..

Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Streetshooter View Post
    LORD knows, you guys are killing me. I am fighting the good fight against using the M module. Youse here make it a fight I probably can't win.
    Have mercy on an ole' shooter.
    Put your order in now, Don. Won't have to pay for it until next summer

Keith

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

... The M9-P is sweet, particularly the chrome, that would be my choice ...
    I will buy a black M9 or M9-P ... I've always preferred black cameras although why I couldn't tell you. They look more "businesslike" to me, I guess.

---
    Don, just give in. It's worth the money. ;-)

Subscriber Member Streetshooter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Thanks Keith, your a sport. My buddy just bought one on eBay and got it delivered from china in 4 days. I'm going to try to borrow it on the weekend. My Crons are already dancing on the shelf....

Godfrey, I may have found a way to get it without spending $$$...
    I'll know this weekend...
    Thanks....

Post Thanks / Like

I have a NEX 5n arriving in a couple of days and just ordered a bunch of adapters, including the interesting Hawks. The idea was to use the Sony for my collection of (mostly) old SLR/RF lenses and other fun stuff, and dedicate the Ricoh to the M-lenses. Thing is my M9 has been in Solms for nearly two months (new 1.4/35 Lux FLE was heavily back-focusing and had focus shift, so both it and camera went back) so I'm getting a wee bit impatient
    But I guess your advice is sound; order the GXR-M and hope for the best
    I picked up a 28mm f2.8 Asph here on forums, and I found the lens at infinity hard stop to be focusing "beyond infinity". At first I thought the lens was soft, but with "live view" I was able to attain proper focus by pulling back. As there is still warranty, I am very inclined to send the lens back to Leica to be adjusted. Should I send it to N.J. or straight to Solms?

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Sold some more lenses, so I bought the Zeiss ZM Biogon 25/2.8
    This lens shouts; sharp sharp sharp! Great for architecture.
    A beauty on the module, like it was made for it.
    (ssst, don't tell my wife)

Michiel

Post Thanks / Like

Michiel
    Hi Michiel, this is my favorite lens on GXR When only bringing one lens out, this will be the one for me. Forget to mention that the B&W photo on the stormy sky I posted above was taken with this lens.

Nice photos

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Agnius View Post
    I picked up a 28mm f2.8 Asph here on forums, and I found the lens at infinity hard stop to be focusing "beyond infinity". At first I thought the lens was soft, but with "live view" I was able to attain proper focus by pulling back. As there is still warranty, I am very inclined to send the lens back to Leica to be adjusted. Should I send it to N.J. or straight to Solms?
    Two possible explanations here, either your lens is overfocusing (happens, but rare with Leica M-lenses in my experience) or your lens is fine, but the M-module (I assume that's what you are using) has a tiny bit shorter sensor/flange distance than Leica. If you have the chance, try a few other Leica lenses and see how they behave.
    In practical terms, for the lens you mentioned, the only downside would be that you'll have to actively focus to get sharp infinty instead of using the hard stop.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by wstam View Post
    Hi Michiel, this is my favorite lens on GXR When only bringing one lens out, this will be the one for me. Forget to mention that the B&W photo on the stormy sky I posted above was taken with this lens.

Nice photos
    Weesin, I was wondering which lens that was. Can you post some more with that biogon? Any idea where I could buy an alternative cheaper non threaded hood?

Michiel

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Michiel

Beautiful, Michiel!

I've been very very impressed with every image I've seen made with that lens. I don't need it right now, but it's on my list. Sell a few things I no longer use and it will be "free" ... ;-)

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Two possible explanations here, either your lens is overfocusing (happens, but rare with Leica M-lenses in my experience) or your lens is fine, but the M-module (I assume that's what you are using) has a tiny bit shorter sensor/flange distance than Leica. If you have the chance, try a few other Leica lenses and see how they behave.
    In practical terms, for the lens you mentioned, the only downside would be that you'll have to actively focus to get sharp infinty instead of using the hard stop.
    The GXR-M focuses dead on for infinity at the infinity stop with all the CV, Leica, and Zeiss lenses I've tested on it. Unless there's a lot of variability (very unlikely IMO), I doubt there's anything wrong with the mount register. It's more likely that the lens is slightly off calibration on the focusing mount. Not a big deal to have that adjusted.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Beautiful, Michiel!

I've been very very impressed with every image I've seen made with that lens. I don't need it right now, but it's on my list. Sell a few things I no longer use and it will be "free" ... ;-)
    Thanks Godfrey, well that's what I am doing at the moment. To many lenses I don't want to use anymore. I had my fun with them, but it's time to slim down.

Need more time to compare some others (slowly) and I probably let go many more.

Michiel

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Michiel, no idea about the hood. Sorry.

Below are some shots taken recently. Picked randomly, all by the ZM 25mm lens.

Last edited by wstam; 1st December 2011 at 07:09.

Post Thanks / Like

Different type of shots, also by ZM25mm. Taken during a short trip to a town in Malaysia. It was a harsh sunny mid day.

Last edited by wstam; 1st December 2011 at 07:09.

Post Thanks / Like

The GXR-M focuses dead on for infinity at the infinity stop with all the CV, Leica, and Zeiss lenses I've tested on it. Unless there's a lot of variability (very unlikely IMO), I doubt there's anything wrong with the mount register. It's more likely that the lens is slightly off calibration on the focusing mount. Not a big deal to have that adjusted.
    Is that something I can do myself?

My other lenses are right on for the infinity hard stop, I checked.

Post Thanks / Like

Wstam, wonderful street shots. Nice work!

Post Thanks / Like

For comparison, this was taken with ZM18mm

And this was taken with ZM35/f2.8

Post Thanks / Like

Wstam, wonderful street shots. Nice work!
    Thanks for the remark, Agnius.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Is that something I can do myself?

My other lenses are right on for the infinity hard stop, I checked.
    I never try to service my equipment myself. To do it right requires the right tools and an optical bench ... I don't have the equipment (or the skills) so just hand things to my friend Fred Mueller who has forty years experience doing this work ...

Fred Mueller
    International Camera Repair
    2455 Old Middlefield Way, Unit J
    Mountain View CA 94043
    650-961-5825

It's his business to make things work the way they ought to ...

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Pastoral Scene

Pastoral Scene - Isle of Man 2011
    Ricoh GXR-M + M-Rokkor 90mm f/4
    ISO 200 @ f/8 @ 1/200

My time has been extremely limited for the past few weeks... I've still got a ton of photos I want to process from my October trip!

Thanks for looking. :-)

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Nice set WeeSin! Good lens for streetscenes as well. Love the baskets.too.
    The other 2 Zeiss lenses are no slouches either, wow! That 18mm has a fantastic DOF if you look at that coastline in the far background.

Thanks for posting,
    Michiel

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Nice piecefull scene Godfrey, does remind me of France. I suppose you added some vignetting as you have done before?

Michiel

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice peaceful scene Godfrey, does remind me of France. I suppose you added some vignetting as you have done before?

Michiel
    thanks!

yes, vignette added per my current vogue. ;-)
    a little bit heavier than I intended due to the downsizing for the web.

looking at the rendering of these Zeiss lenses too much is going to cost me some money if i'm not careful. =8^\

Subscriber and Workshop Member
    Post Thanks / Like

UPS Guy delivered my GXR VF-2 and A12 module tonight....

Couple of captures with VC NOKTON 50 1.1

What a nice M lens camera!

Bob

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by docmoore View Post
    UPS Guy delivered my GXR VF-2 and A12 module tonight....

What a nice M lens camera!

Bob
    Yes, isn't it and you have a nice lens for it.

Here are some of today as I went shopping for Sinterklaas.

Michiel

Post Thanks / Like

Michiel,

What FL?

Bob

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Oohps Biogon 25, the only Zeiss zm I have at the moment
    There will be more soon! Nice rendering, cheaper and available.

Michiel

Post Thanks / Like

Michiel...

I have the Zeiss ZF 25 2.8 ... not exactly the same but I do love the imaging of both of these lenses....

Look forward to more images...it is a wonderful way to travel...through the eyes and vision of others.

Warm regards,

Bob

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I will try Bob, although I sometimes feel that I am posting to much...but that is out of sheer enthousiasm

Not so long ago two new Zeiss Distagon lenses 25 and 35/2.8 in rare M42 mount where for sale here in Holland directly from the importer. I was on the edge but spend twice as much for the Biogon. Only because I thought now I have a M mount I am not going to stick an adapter in between.
    I spoke to the guy and he said they are not completly similar.

But they are both very good, yours is faster I believe, with the difference you can stick it on a Nikon as well and other cameras of course.

Michiel

Subscriber Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I will try Bob, although I sometimes feel that I am posting to much...but that is out of sheer enthousiasm

Michiel
    Can't post too much - we can absorb and appreciate faster than you can create . . .

Keith

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like

Communicating #59, 60, 61 ...

A few new submissions to the Communicating series today ...

Ricoh GXR-M + M-Rokkor 40mm f/2
    ISO 1600 @ f/2.8 @ 1/35 second

ISO 1600 @ f/2.8 @ 1/9 second

ISO 283 @ f/4.5 @ 1/60 second

Testing out my latest lens acquisition, a second-generation M-Rokkor 40mm f/2. I've been curious how the Summicron-C 40/2 and M-Rokkor 40/2 from the Leitz Minolta CL/CLE stacked up against the Nokton 40/1.4 ... Good news is that from f/2 onwards, it's actually pretty hard to tell them apart. The M-Rokkor and Nokton both are a hair soft wide open but become very crisp by f/2.8. The Nokton's bokeh at f/1.4 is a little odd but I've seen that with lots of other ultra-fast lenses and it's best to simply be aware of it so that it doesn't affect your shooting. At f/2 the Nokton's bokeh and sharpness are only slightly different from what the M-Rokkor produces, and by f/2.8 it becomes hard to tell them apart.

Two very fine lenses. The M-Rokkor is smaller and about half the weight, a nice plus for a compact camera. With two of them, I can have one on the M and the other on the GXR-M at the same time. :-)

Thanks for looking! Comments always appreciated.

Godfrey
    -
    Communicating 2011 series:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/gdgphot...7625844414410/