The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GXR - Show your images

Godfrey

Nice, Keith!

Just got back from my walk. I was testing the GXR-M with the M-Rokkor 90mm f/4 and Skopar 50mm f/2.5 ... will process and post something later. When using the EVF with the 90mm, focus magnify mode is best at 2x, max 4x ... 8x jitters too much for hand-held work.

---
addendum:
Don't have time to finish processing and posting right now, but I imported all today's photos into LR and did a quick pass through them. My gosh, I'd forgotten how good that M-Rokkor 90/4 (aka Elmar-C 90/4) really is. And the Skopar 50 is right there too. I am *SOOO* delighted with this camera and lens setup!

Last edited:

Godfrey

A Tree Scene ...

ok, just one:

Ricoh GXR + A12 Camera Mount + M-Rokkor 90mm f/4
ISO 400 @ f/6.3 @ 1/490 second

The detailing is outstanding. This down-rez for the web doesn't do it justice.

Godfrey

Braeside

Lovely results with that lens Godfrey.

I agree about needing to change magnification with different FLs, found the same thing here.

Here is one taken today with the CV15/4.5 Skopar Classic. It is a super sharp lens.

Another this time with the CV35/2.5 Skopar Classic

Godfrey

Nice!

I've got one of the CV Skopar 35s ... I agree, it is a superb performer. It's good to see that the 15mm is also right there. Did you have much corner/edge shifting to clean up in this "real" scene example?

I find it's often the case that what looks horrendous in a test situation is just not all that important in practical use ... !

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I love the composition of the bridge with the figure in the foreground David. Wonderful colors too. I was using my Skopar 35mm today and find that I have to back up on the vibrance slider in Lightroom.

I see that Sean Reid has done the second part of his review of the GXR m-mount and seems to focus on comparing its IQ with the M9, not that there is anything wrong with that . . . :D

Keith

Braeside

Nice!

I've got one of the CV Skopar 35s ... I agree, it is a superb performer. It's good to see that the 15mm is also right there. Did you have much corner/edge shifting to clean up in this "real" scene example?

I find it's often the case that what looks horrendous in a test situation is just not all that important in practical use ... !
Only slight devignetting applied in Aperture, though in many shots the vignette is attractive. I quite often have to add a vignette on some of my shots. I tried a shot of a cloudy sky at 15mm and the shift is not a problem there either.

I am having a shift problem with my 35mm skopar on some shots, in particular one of a white painted cottage. Thinking back I have seen this on my M8 too with that same lens, the lens may be slightly out of alignment. Might play with CornerFix if I can find a suitable uniform target for the calibration.

Braeside

I love the composition of the bridge with the figure in the foreground David. Wonderful colors too. I was using my Skopar 35mm today and find that I have to back up on the vibrance slider in Lightroom.

I see that Sean Reid has done the second part of his review of the GXR m-mount and seems to focus on comparing its IQ with the M9, not that there is anything wrong with that . . . :D

Keith

Thanks Keith, I was lucky the girl was playing on the beach and ran into the frame, with the "infinite" DOF at 15mm I didn't need to re-focus.

Do you see any colour shift on the 35mm Skopar? As I mentioned above I appear to have a cyan shift on the top left of the frame.

The design of the EVF tilting mechanism is starting to bug me. It should have a lock to keep it in the normal position. I may have to improvise some sort of band around it to stop it from moving.

Braeside

Quick update on my 35mm Skopar problems. I think I have fixed it. I took the lens mount off and discovered some shims that I had previously fitted to get the infinity mark dead on, were not seated properly and causing the lens to be slightly out of alignment. Removed shims, took a couple of test shots and the colour shift is not apparent, but I will test more thoroughly. (I did think it odd that I had little problems with what should be more troublesome lenses like the 15mm).

Godfrey

Passing

Ricoh GXR + A12 Camera Mount + CV Skopar 50mm f/2.5
ISO 800 @ f/2.5 @ 1/25 second

Thanks for looking! Comments always appreciated.

Godfrey

Thank you!

Rules are meant to be broken ... Cool shot! I like how the red pipes intrude into the mostly somber monochrome of the other elements.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Thanks Godfrey

Can't believe how well the CV Color Skopar 21mm works with this m mount sensor. This one from this morning is a half crop. This is so much fun :bugeyes:

Keith
1/110s, f8, ISO 200