The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GXR - Show your images

Irenaeus

Not the best image, in fact,, one that dismayed me. Nice blue in the hangings, right? The only problem is that they're a nice purple in real life. Any suggestions?

It was taken about 9 AM with the 28mm at 1/30 and f2.5. Auto ISO was 1131. I've been in the process of choosing my preferred settings and am not sure of them, but this may have been with Autio WB. Windows are plain, translucent glass.

a900 colors had come out right when I was using it for a similar shot last year.

(Other than that, I've been enjoying my new GXR + 28 + 50 very much and will post something nicer soon.)

Thanks,

Irenaeus

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Not the best image, in fact,, one that dismayed me. Nice blue in the hangings, right? The only problem is that they're a nice purple in real life. Any suggestions?

It was taken about 9 AM with the 28mm at 1/30 and f2.5. Auto ISO was 1131. I've been in the process of choosing my preferred settings and am not sure of them, but this may have been with Autio WB. Windows are plain, translucent glass.

a900 colors had come out right when I was using it for a similar shot last year.

(Other than that, I've been enjoying my new GXR + 28 + 50 very much and will post something nicer soon.)

Thanks,

Irenaeus
Ouch!!

Are you using the new v1.36 firmware, and using the cross-processing option in scene mode by mistake ? (I'm serious)
Otherwise, it has to be something to do with your white balance settings
Nice if you could get another try at it.

Keith

Godfrey

Keith,

You done it to me ... After you suggested it, I studied up and bought one. And it is a great little camera. Whomever did the controls design and ergonomics deserves an award: this camera's controls are shockingly usable for such a small camera, and the way they interact in use is just amazing.

For the moment, I got just the body, A12-28 and GV-2 optical finder.

Oh, pix ... just a few so far:

Still learning the camera ... :)

Thanks for your "help" ... I'll want/need a second battery, the EVF and the upcoming M lens camera module, I'm sure. And a lens or two. Probably the A12-50 camera module too. Sigh.

... "The right equipment doesn't get in the way of Photography. But it kills your wallet."...

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Well done Godfrey, you won't regret it. I need that M-mount module too.

I really like the trees and the cyclists

Keith

Godfrey

In Japan Town

Thanks Keith!

Happened into Japan Town, San Jose, CA yesterday just as the day's street fair was winding down. A few snappies ...

I'm likin' this camera.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
"Lower Jarvis Street, Toronto"
Taken with the P10 module. Processed DNG

Keith
(posted this in the other thread by mistake)

OlliL

Very nice Godfrey.

I'm still debating, whether I should go the GXR or X100 route. The only thing I'm afraid off, is that 28mm might be too wide for me. On the other hand, I like the idea of having the ability to change the modules.

Regards
Oliver

Godfrey

Very nice Godfrey.

I'm still debating, whether I should go the GXR or X100 route. The only thing I'm afraid off, is that 28mm might be too wide for me. On the other hand, I like the idea of having the ability to change the modules.

Regards
Oliver
I'm very pleased with it. I will get the 50mm too, and then make a decision on the M lens module and just what third lens makes sense. With the M Len module, I can use the Nikkor 85/1.8 with adapter... But it's a bit bulky for this camera.

Paratom

Very nice Godfrey.

Regards
Oliver
Oliver-so which are your pros and cos when you compare those cameras?

OlliL

Well, as you've might have already seen in the Fuji section, I went with the X100.
The simple reason was, that Ricoh doesn't offer a 35mm. Besides that I love the idea of the OVF and now that I have, I don't regret it in any way. :D

What was important for me, was that I now that I can live with "just a 35", since my main camera for the last year, was a Oly Pen with the 17mm attached.
I didn't switch lens for months (a little bit exaggerating :p but basically true).

Also, 35mm CAN produce a certain DOF, whereas I don't expect a 28mm with 2.5 to do that.

But do be true: it's all about the looks ;)