The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GXR - Show your images

Braeside

The Night Bus

GXR A12 Mount + Canon FD 55mm F1.2 SSC ISO 1600 1/30 f1.2 Electronic Shutter

Gallery

GXR + S10

Last edited:

Michiel Schierbeek

The Night Bus

GXR A12 Mount + Canon FD 55mm F1.2 SSC ISO 1600 1/30 f1.2 Electronic Shutter
Great picture! And good to see how well FD lenses can work in this combination.

Looking forward to use some of my FD lenses on the M Mount.
Bought 4 adapters for it and the M mount is on its way from the US to Holland.
Hope the customs are :sleep006:

Michiel

Braeside

Good luck Michiel, and thanks Keith. Nice to see a bit of sunshine Agnius. Its been F1.2 weather here today.

Braeside

Thank you all for your comments.

I took the GXR+A12M + CV Heliar 75.2.5 to a concert last night. It was ideal as I could stick it in my coat pocket. Quite pleased with the results, taken from about 4 rows back in the stalls. Cropped a little. Colour was fine, but I preferred the mono conversion.

The Brilliant Bill Bailey was on top form.:salute:

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Very nice, David. There are times when black and white carries much more depth and presence. That's why I am doing a lot more film stuff these days.

Keith

Agnius

Thank you all for your comments.

I took the GXR+A12M + CV Heliar 75.2.5 to a concert last night. It was ideal as I could stick it in my coat pocket. Quite pleased with the results, taken from about 4 rows back in the stalls. Cropped a little. Colour was fine, but I preferred the mono conversion.

The Brilliant Bill Bailey was on top form.:salute:
Super! Nice work!

I got camera in at a circus show at Wynn in Vegas couple years back, after taking couple shots the goons came and told me to put it away. Glad you were able to get this nice shot without being ejected from the show! Was it just me with a 5D and a large zoom or is it like that everywhere?

Braeside

Keith: love the simplicity and colours of that one.

Agnius: It depends on the venue organiser rules. At most events they may say no photography or recording allowed. In others they turn a blind eye to anyone with a point and shoot, but stop you using "pro" cameras. At this particular event, there was no announcement or notice about no photography. I however was still very discreet and only took the camera out a couple of times in the latter parts of the show as I didn't want to cause any upset, or get thrown out. My wife threatened to disown me if I did get in trouble.

There did not appear to be any press photographers at this event at all, and despite everyone having a cellphone with a camera built in, I saw almost no-one taking photos with them. The performer actually had a twitter feed displaying on a large screen at the interval where you could funny captions for a photo they displayed, so they seemed very relaxed about phones etc. Makes a nice change.

I wouldn't have tried to take my A900 + 135/1.8 to an event like that, it certainly would have caused a problem I'm sure.

The GXR is really discreet and quiet and with the EVF on, you don't disturb folks with a bright LCD.

If you really want to take photos it is best to try and get a photo pass, but that can be quite difficult unless you work for a newspaper or magazine (I don't).

I understand why they sometimes don't allow photography at live events - people using flash, people using bright live-view LCDs held up in front of others, loud DSLR mirror clacking etc. Not to mention copyright protection of the artist's work.

Agnius

Keith: love the simplicity and colours of that one.

Agnius: It depends on the venue organiser rules. At most events they may say no photography or recording allowed. In others they turn a blind eye to anyone with a point and shoot, but stop you using "pro" cameras. At this particular event, there was no announcement or notice about no photography. I however was still very discreet and only took the camera out a couple of times in the latter parts of the show as I didn't want to cause any upset, or get thrown out. My wife threatened to disown me if I did get in trouble.

There did not appear to be any press photographers at this event at all, and despite everyone having a cellphone with a camera built in, I saw almost no-one taking photos with them. The performer actually had a twitter feed displaying on a large screen at the interval where you could funny captions for a photo they displayed, so they seemed very relaxed about phones etc. Makes a nice change.

I wouldn't have tried to take my A900 + 135/1.8 to an event like that, it certainly would have caused a problem I'm sure.

The GXR is really discreet and quiet and with the EVF on, you don't disturb folks with a bright LCD.

If you really want to take photos it is best to try and get a photo pass, but that can be quite difficult unless you work for a newspaper or magazine (I don't).

I understand why they sometimes don't allow photography at live events - people using flash, people using bright live-view LCDs held up in front of others, loud DSLR mirror clacking etc. Not to mention copyright protection of the artist's work.
Yeah, there was an announcement of "no flash photography", and as I fired away with original 5D with 28-70 f2.8, they still stopped me. I guess like you were saying - if camera is too big, they don't want you taking shots. Maybe I could have gotten away with a GXR...

scho

A few shots from a late afternoon gorge walk (dark). I was walking with my wife (read fast) so no tripod option.

scho

Those are gorgeous, Carl. Which lens was this?

Keith
Thank you Keith. The lens was the Zeiss 35mm f/2.8 C and all images were processed in RPP. I just started using RPP recently and have more to learn, but I like what I'm seeing so far.