The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GXR - Show your images

Michiel Schierbeek

Beautiful, Michiel!

I've been very very impressed with every image I've seen made with that lens. I don't need it right now, but it's on my list. Sell a few things I no longer use and it will be "free" ... ;-)
Thanks Godfrey, well that's what I am doing at the moment. To many lenses I don't want to use anymore. I had my fun with them, but it's time to slim down.

Need more time to compare some others (slowly) and I probably let go many more.

Michiel

wstam

Hi Michiel, no idea about the hood. Sorry.

Below are some shots taken recently. Picked randomly, all by the ZM 25mm lens.

Last edited:

wstam

Different type of shots, also by ZM25mm. Taken during a short trip to a town in Malaysia. It was a harsh sunny mid day.

Last edited:

Agnius

The GXR-M focuses dead on for infinity at the infinity stop with all the CV, Leica, and Zeiss lenses I've tested on it. Unless there's a lot of variability (very unlikely IMO), I doubt there's anything wrong with the mount register. It's more likely that the lens is slightly off calibration on the focusing mount. Not a big deal to have that adjusted.
Is that something I can do myself?

My other lenses are right on for the infinity hard stop, I checked.

Godfrey

Is that something I can do myself?

My other lenses are right on for the infinity hard stop, I checked.
I never try to service my equipment myself. To do it right requires the right tools and an optical bench ... I don't have the equipment (or the skills) so just hand things to my friend Fred Mueller who has forty years experience doing this work ...

Fred Mueller
International Camera Repair
2455 Old Middlefield Way, Unit J
Mountain View CA 94043
650-961-5825

It's his business to make things work the way they ought to ...

Godfrey

Pastoral Scene

Pastoral Scene - Isle of Man 2011
Ricoh GXR-M + M-Rokkor 90mm f/4
ISO 200 @ f/8 @ 1/200

My time has been extremely limited for the past few weeks... I've still got a ton of photos I want to process from my October trip!

Thanks for looking. :)

Michiel Schierbeek

Nice set WeeSin! Good lens for streetscenes as well. Love the baskets.too.
The other 2 Zeiss lenses are no slouches either, wow! That 18mm has a fantastic DOF if you look at that coastline in the far background.

Thanks for posting,
Michiel

Godfrey

Nice peaceful scene Godfrey, does remind me of France. I suppose you added some vignetting as you have done before?

Michiel
thanks!

yes, vignette added per my current vogue. ;-)
a little bit heavier than I intended due to the downsizing for the web.

looking at the rendering of these Zeiss lenses too much is going to cost me some money if i'm not careful. =8^\

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
UPS Guy delivered my GXR VF-2 and A12 module tonight....

Couple of captures with VC NOKTON 50 1.1

What a nice M lens camera!

Bob

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Michiel...

I have the Zeiss ZF 25 2.8 ... not exactly the same but I do love the imaging of both of these lenses....

Look forward to more images...it is a wonderful way to travel...through the eyes and vision of others.

Warm regards,

Bob

Michiel Schierbeek

I will try Bob, although I sometimes feel that I am posting to much...but that is out of sheer enthousiasm :)

Not so long ago two new Zeiss Distagon lenses 25 and 35/2.8 in rare M42 mount where for sale here in Holland directly from the importer. I was on the edge but spend twice as much for the Biogon. Only because I thought now I have a M mount I am not going to stick an adapter in between.
I spoke to the guy and he said they are not completly similar.

But they are both very good, yours is faster I believe, with the difference you can stick it on a Nikon as well and other cameras of course.

Michiel

Godfrey

Communicating #59, 60, 61 ...

A few new submissions to the Communicating series today ...

Ricoh GXR-M + M-Rokkor 40mm f/2
ISO 1600 @ f/2.8 @ 1/35 second

ISO 1600 @ f/2.8 @ 1/9 second

ISO 283 @ f/4.5 @ 1/60 second

Testing out my latest lens acquisition, a second-generation M-Rokkor 40mm f/2. I've been curious how the Summicron-C 40/2 and M-Rokkor 40/2 from the Leitz Minolta CL/CLE stacked up against the Nokton 40/1.4 ... Good news is that from f/2 onwards, it's actually pretty hard to tell them apart. The M-Rokkor and Nokton both are a hair soft wide open but become very crisp by f/2.8. The Nokton's bokeh at f/1.4 is a little odd but I've seen that with lots of other ultra-fast lenses and it's best to simply be aware of it so that it doesn't affect your shooting. At f/2 the Nokton's bokeh and sharpness are only slightly different from what the M-Rokkor produces, and by f/2.8 it becomes hard to tell them apart.

Two very fine lenses. The M-Rokkor is smaller and about half the weight, a nice plus for a compact camera. With two of them, I can have one on the M and the other on the GXR-M at the same time. :)

Thanks for looking! Comments always appreciated.

Godfrey
-
Communicating 2011 series:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/gdgphoto/sets/72157625844414410/