The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GXR - Show your images

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
We crop minor because the first crop is with your viewfinder.
Agreed, Uwe. But this is an interesting one - my wife always crops in the viewfinder and she gets a few instances in PP where she loses a good image because she was too tight on it, or there is no room for distortion or perspective adjustment.
My current method is to make sure that I have enough sensor resolution to handle significant crops, but always to envisage the final result so the PP cropping is minimal. Often though, I "see" something within the image in PP that I did not see when taking the shot, that demands a significant crop. In many of my flower shots I find myself taking a 4x3 image and eventually cropping it square. From your posts you don't appear to do many too square formats?

Keith

ustein

Contributing Editor
>she gets a few instances in PP where she loses a good image because she was too tight on it

That is true. To tight can be an issue. By the way often Content Aware Fill is an alternative to crop.

Godfrey

Lovely, Keith! Like this one a lot! The previous Wall photo is also very good and I like the cropping that you and Uwe did.

My time this week seems to constantly be slipping away from me. I've got a ton of new work to finish, photos and a brief article from the session with Uwe and the "GXR-M" on Monday ... but the Leica M4-2 I ordered arrived yesterday and distracted me all day!

So here are two "beauty shots" I made of it, fitted with the Skopar 50, made with the GXR + A12 50mm Macro:

I've got an appointment this morning ... Hopefully, I'll get back to my desk and get some this other stuff done later on!

Braeside

Beautiful, David! You caught that one just right.
Thanks Godfrey, I only had a couple of minutes to catch it, should have grabbed a larger format camera though :D

Just saw your first roll through the Leica M. Looks like you are having fun with film again. :)

I have preordered the A12 Mount, expected "Mid September". Had hoped there might be some available on the 9th... :(

Godfrey

.. Just saw your first roll through the Leica M. Looks like you are having fun with film again. :)

I have preordered the A12 Mount, expected "Mid September". Had hoped there might be some available on the 9th... :(
When it comes to shooting with a Leica M, I *always* have fun. The rangefinder needs adjustment to focus accurately and obtain proper coincidence of the images, but this is such a nice example and I got it for such a good price it is well worth the cost.

I'm pre-paid on the A12 Camera Mount at Popflash.com and #2 or #3 on the pre-order list, so I'll get mine as soon as they receive them turn them around for shipping. I'm very eager to get to work with it! I'm hoping for Sept 15th.

Braeside

Very good Godfrey, that's a very nice looking camera indeed.

Just processed another from this evening. I think I like this one more, but have to spend more time on them.

Godfrey

+1

That's exactly what went through my mind. Innovative way of "painting" a classic subject

Keith
Thank you both.

They are scale models. The two cars are part of Terry Shuchat's diorama at Keeble & Shuchat Photography, the camera shop in Palo Alto. My attempt was to portray them as the real thing in a romantic light. :)

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Thank you both.

They are scale models. The two cars are part of Terry Shuchat's diorama at Keeble & Shuchat Photography, the camera shop in Palo Alto. My attempt was to portray them as the real thing in a romantic light. :)
Sorry, I don't believe you - those are REAL cars :bugeyes::bugeyes::bugeyes:

Keith