The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GXR - Show your images

Braeside

Keith, Terrific colours on your garden shots. Love the purple/magenta leaves.

Something a bit darker today from me:

- Travelling back in time -

GXR S10

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I like the composition and mood of this shot, David.

This is a three shot HDR taken with the P10 in late afternoon sun

Keith

Braeside

Keith, If hadn't said that was an HDR shot I would not have known, which is a good sign!

Lovely light.

Cheers

Godfrey

Nicely done, Keith! A good application of HDR technique.

Only minor criticism is that to my eye it seems rotated a couple of degrees counter clockwise.

Godfrey

Keith, Terrific colours on your garden shots. Love the purple/magenta leaves.

Something a bit darker today from me:

- Travelling back in time -

GXR S10
David,

I like this photo, it draws me in.

I'm not sure what I'm viewing, though, the center of its focus to my eye is the couple at the far left. Much of the rest seems a bit of a jumble that I can make out bits and pieces of ... Looks like a museum display or something like that, but there are a lot of distracting elements. It could use just a little simplification to make the intent clearer.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
GXR with S10 24-72mm zoom

I bought the S10 module in the Adorama sale. Feels quite different to the P10 in use. I liked the extra width (24 versus 28mm), and it seems a bit more responsive. Tough to pick one over the other, but I like the range of the P10

Keith

Michiel Schierbeek

Ricoh P10

Keith

Lovely picture this is! Personally I prefer this uncropped version.

BTW Keith, I did buy into the system (slowly :deadhorse:) with the P10 module as a kit.
Can be a pocketable snapshooter while traveling.
I do see quiet some distortion on the pole on the right side. Is this shot around 28 mm, or did you do some skewing in PS?

Next will be the A12/28 and M mount module. M module is not for sale yet around here. I also bought the viewfinder. (For half the price in Hong Kong:))

Michiel

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Glad to see you here, Michiel. Can't wait to see what you can do with the P10 - remember it is small sensor and give the images some tender loving care.

The m-mount is available in Europe, someone got theirs last week. But someone said that Ricoh only shipped 10 to the UK!?. This info is available on the Ricoh Forum which is European based. http://www.ricohforum.com/

Popflash in California shipped their preorders yesterday - allowing for Canadian customs and post office I should be using mine in three months :D

I have the Ricoh half case and strap which dresses the camera up nicely - its only available in tan, but I like the look.

How about some of those nice harbor pictures to start

Keith

PS The mural on the wall was skewed in Photoshop

Godfrey