The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GXR - Show your images

Agnius

Be sure to use the checker supplied with the M-module to preclude any mechanical interference from fitting it to the A12-M.
Godfrey, will check meticulously. I sure hope it will work! If not - I am sure I will find a "body" for it someday. I haven't seen anyone try it with GXR, but I have read that it will fit (and work, with corner fix) on a NEX. But enough with all these speculations, Ricoh tool will be able to give me a clear answer for physical fit, and then the GXR-M will have it's take.

I also got quite a few "R" lenses, but I have not gotten around on getting that $269 LER to LEM adapter from Novoflex. That's plan B in case the 21mm biogon doesn't fit.

scho

A few shots from an afternoon walk in the park with the Zeiss 35mm f/2.8 C ZM lens on the GXR-M.

Last edited:

Agnius

Just got my A12 module, checked Contarex 21mm with a lens checker tool (no problems there) and took some shots walking around at night. 1000 ISO, f4.5, 1/26 sec, handheld, raw->aperture.

Not bad for almost 60 year old lens!

Michiel Schierbeek

I find it quiet hard to get anything decent out of the P10 module. Need more practicing.... :(
I just ordered the A12 M mount at Amazon and have it send to a friend in the US. Next step is to get the bloody thing over here. :deadhorse:

Michiel

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Very nice, Agneus. The old lenses always have a lot of character in them.

Keith

This one is from the P10 module

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Great image, Michiel. I love conundrums (what is she doing driving a car in 1892 :loco:)

The P10 raws take a lot of abuse in Lightroom. Be aggressive on the noise removal and the sharpening.

Keith

wstam

Hi, picked up the GXR + M module on Sat. Coming from Sony NEX-5N, I like the feel of this body more. However, compare to NEX's focus assist, I was struggling here, even with the VF2. Guess will need to shoot and practice more. I like the color a lot!

Here are few photos taken on the first day with the cam. These are few ok ones. Most of OOF.

Took many tries to get this focus right:

Thanks for viewing.

Agnius

Past weekend my family was fortunate to visit Yosemite. It was snowing at night giving us "winter wonderland" in the morning. Although I brought longer lenses, I ended up shooting with 21mm exclusively, and I wish I had even wider glass. All work was handheld. And at the end of the day, my body thanked me for not dragging along heavy gear. I suddenly starting to digg all these "ultra light" ideas. Less is more!

Last edited:

Agnius

Wstam,

It takes time to get comfortable with a new camera. I find setting one of the F buttons to magnify (or just hold OK for a second and the image will magnify) helps to prefocus, especially with wider lenses. The other F button I set to Focus Assist, mode 2. Your perspective looks like a 50mm (*1.5) so because less dof focusing has to be more precise.

Best of luck,
Agnius

Godfrey

More nice photos! Good to see the GXR community continues to grow.

The GXR-M focus assist does take a little learning and practice, but by the time I played with a NEX 5 I'd already mastered it and found it preferable.

Haven't had much time to work on the rest of the photos I made while on the Isle of Man, London and Dublin yet, but they're coming.

My GXR long lens fetish received another boost yesterday ... the Nikon TC-300 matched doubler for the Micro-Nikkor 200 IF arrived. Now it really can look like a bazooka! An effective 600mm f/8 macro lens with 1:1 capability. This is going to be fun. :)

Agnius

More nice photos! Good to see the GXR community continues to grow.

The GXR-M focus assist does take a little learning and practice, but by the time I played with a NEX 5 I'd already mastered it and found it preferable.

Haven't had much time to work on the rest of the photos I made while on the Isle of Man, London and Dublin yet, but they're coming.

My GXR long lens fetish received another boost yesterday ... the Nikon TC-300 matched doubler for the Micro-Nikkor 200 IF arrived. Now it really can look like a bazooka! An effective 600mm f/8 macro lens with 1:1 capability. This is going to be fun. :)
Sounds fantastic, every wildlife photographers wet dream! ;)

I haven't come around adapting my R lenses to GXR, but some day... Now I am on my "WIDE" quest. 21mm is just not wide enough. Seriously considering Zeiss ZM 15mm.

Boy, these lens fetishes are juice of life, aren't they?

Godfrey

Sounds fantastic, every wildlife photographers wet dream! ;)

I haven't come around adapting my R lenses to GXR, but some day... Now I am on my "WIDE" quest. 21mm is just not wide enough. Seriously considering Zeiss ZM 15mm.

Boy, these lens fetishes are juice of life, aren't they?
They might suck at the juices of life if you let them get out of hand! =8^0

That Zeiss lens looks fabulous, but the price ... well, let's just say it's a touch over my pay grade. The Micro-Nikkor 200 plus TC300 setup cost me $600.

My wide, other than the A12 28mm (18mm optically), is presently the Skopar 21mm f/4. It does a super job, I'm very pleased with it. I think about an ultra-wide from time to time and the two I'm thinking about are the Voigtländer Heliars, 12 and 15 mm. I just wonder, from past experience, whether I'll use that wide a lens as much as I think I might (just like with the ultra-tele setup). I'm finding that I tend to want to be in the 28 to 40 mm range most of the time with this camera.

Ah well. I'll see where the photos lead me, and buy what seems sensible to further that.

wstam

Wstam,

It takes time to get comfortable with a new camera. I find setting one of the F buttons to magnify (or just hold OK for a second and the image will magnify) helps to prefocus, especially with wider lenses. The other F button I set to Focus Assist, mode 2. Your perspective looks like a 50mm (*1.5) so because less dof focusing has to be more precise.

Best of luck,
Agnius
Thanks for the advise. I have also setup the two Fn buttons the same. I have not tried mode 2 though. Will try it this weekend.

Thanks.

scho

Past weekend my family was fortunate to visit Yosemite. It was snowing at night giving us "winter wonderland" in the morning. Although I brought longer lenses, I ended up shooting with 21mm exclusively, and I wish I had even wider glass. All work was handheld. And at the end of the day, my body thanked me for not dragging along heavy gear. I suddenly starting to digg all these "ultra light" ideas. Less is more!
Nice shots. Which 21mm lens were you using?

Some photos from second day shooting. Feels better with the focusing.

Thanks.
Great color in the window shutter shots.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
More nice photos! Good to see the GXR community continues to grow . . .

:)
+1, Godfrey

So much flexibility, quality and fun quotient with this camera - but still a lot of folks don't get it.
Don was right in saying it has multiple personalities, depending on what you want. IQ for the m-mount is often compared directly to M8 and M9 files, but you can still clip on a tiny zoom to get a powerful small sensor experience. All with the same quality body and what most reviewers think is the best user interface experience out there

I hope Ricoh can make enough out of it to come up with another body and some more APSC lensors

Keith