The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GXR - Show your images

Ocean

Senior Subscriber Member
Do you guys feel that the IQ from A12 M-module is better than that from A12 28mm /50mm lens modules?

Godfrey

Do you guys feel that the IQ from A12 M-module is better than that from A12 28mm /50mm lens modules?
It's a hard call, really. Both the A12 AF camera units produce very very high quality results, which is a combination of both the sensors and their matched lenses. Each of them has their characteristic signature in how much rectilinear distortion and CA corrections need to be made for "perfect" results.

The performance of the A12 Camera Mount (A12-M for short) is truly outstanding, exactly how outstanding depends on what lens you are using with it and what its particular signature requires in corrections.

I prefer the in-use dynamics of the A12-M with lens, though, because it works the way I am more comfortable working with manual focus and a physical aperture ring.

Ocean

Senior Subscriber Member
It's a hard call, really. Both the A12 AF camera units produce very very high quality results, which is a combination of both the sensors and their matched lenses. Each of them has their characteristic signature in how much rectilinear distortion and CA corrections need to be made for "perfect" results.

The performance of the A12 Camera Mount (A12-M for short) is truly outstanding, exactly how outstanding depends on what lens you are using with it and what its particular signature requires in corrections.

I prefer the in-use dynamics of the A12-M with lens, though, because it works the way I am more comfortable working with manual focus and a physical aperture ring.
Thanks Godfrey. Appreciate your comments. I just ordered the GXR with 28 and 50 lens units. Look forward to using them and reporting back.

Godfrey

Mother & Son

"Mother & Son" - Isle of Man 2011
- with permission -

Ricoh GXR-M + CV Skopar 21mm f/4
ISO 1600 @ f/4 @ 1/13 second

Thanks for looking! Comments always appreciated.

Agnius

Godfrey and Keith, thank you for your kind words!

Godfrey, I really like your shot of "mother & son". I feel like I am in a stuffy room that my grandmother used to have - carpets and all. Very well done!

Keith - keep working! You are onto something with your urban landscapes, and I wish for more. Your strongest images are still waiting to be taken! Please keep sharing!

There is another image from my walk to the post office - GXR-M with 90mm macro elmar. That red car just caught my eye...

Braeside

Godfrey, enjoying your holiday photos. Looking forward to more.

Agnius wonderful winter shots!

Keith, You are building up a series there, the S10 doing its stuff, I almost regret having sold mine now. (Kept the inferior P10 just to have a mega Zoom available and have rarely used it).

WeeSin, Singapore photos are bonny as we say here in Scotland. Lovely colours and selective focus.

Last edited:

Godfrey

Godfrey and Keith, thank you for your kind words!

Godfrey, I really like your shot of "mother & son". I feel like I am in a stuffy room that my grandmother used to have - carpets and all. Very well done!

Keith - keep working! You are onto something with your urban landscapes, and I wish for more. Your strongest images are still waiting to be taken! Please keep sharing!

There is another image from my walk to the post office - GXR-M with 90mm macro elmar. That red car just caught my eye...
Thank you!

I like that car too. Took one for a test ride: the FIAT 500 is spirited and fun to drive. Very cool to see FIAT back in the USA again after so many years.

Agnius

GXR thread is coming alive - so many wonderful images are coming!

Couple shots from Veterans Day in Santa Monica.

GXR-M with 28mm Elmarit.

Godfrey

Rain In Peel #1 & #2

both - Ricoh GXR-M + CV Nokton 40mm f/1.4

thanks for looking. comments appreciated.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Thanks for the comments everyone. Some really nice work here from vivid color to black and white.

Visited the Occupy Toronto site today. This was taken with the P10. I thought initially to put it into the infrastructure series - but this is temporary (I think)
So I just call it "Occupied" :D

Keith