The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GXR - Show your images

Godfrey

Urban Forest

Ricoh GXR-M + CV Nokton 40mm f/1.4
ISO 200 @ f/2 @ 1/290 second

Thanks for looking! Feliz Navidad!

Michiel Schierbeek

These two took me a while in PP to get them right. I also made the mistake not watching my ISO settings. Still on 1250 in broad daylight!

The first one I had trouble with the foreground in the shadow to get some drawing in there.
But it is worth it, I think, because there are so many different objects asking for attention from the airplane up down to the mess.
I am going to change it again tommorow, because it is a little to harch to my taste. Too late now!
But working with these files one realizes more and more what a outstanding lenses Leica makes. A financial dangerous conclusion, but we all know that.

This photo was made in Rotterdam, stopping along the highway, also with the wrong 1250 ISO. Here I had a lot of trouble getting the colours right.
On my monitor, I can change the scene to the 17th century and see some of the Dutch light painted by one of the old masters.
But this is only a photograph, of course.

Joyeux Noël, Michiel

V

Vivek

These two took me a while in PP to get them right. I also made the mistake not watching my ISO settings. Still on 1250 in broad daylight!

This photo was made in Rotterdam, stopping along the highway, also with the wrong 1250 ISO. Here I had a lot of trouble getting the colours right.
On my monitor, I can change the scene to the 17th century and see some of the Dutch light painted by one of the old masters.
But this is only a photograph, of course.

Joyeux Noël, Michiel​

Merry Christmas Michiel and everyone!

Michiel, I would expect trouble with longer FL lenses on the GRX. Because the sensor has offset microlenses to accommodate wides with short back focal lengths. I am curious if you had this issue with your 180mm /3.4 and see a pattern.​

Godfrey

Merry Christmas Michiel and everyone!

Michiel, I would expect trouble with longer FL lenses on the GRX. Because the sensor has offset microlenses to accommodate wides with short back focal lengths. I am curious if you had this issue with your 180mm /3.4 and see a pattern.
I haven't seen any problems at all using 135, 200, and 400 mm lenses on the GXR-M, Vivek.

Michiel Schierbeek

Vivek, Only went as far as the Leica 180/3.4. I did not see any problems at all. I will try my Canon 300 and Russian 500 mirror on it soon and let you know.

BTW I think this camera, besides your wish for a collapsable screen and better viewfinder, could be the camera for you, when I think of the way you work.

This was shot this afternoon with the Zeiss Biogon 25 set on 5.6 and infinity on the red line and just fire away. All sharp. Straight JPG, no PP, from camera.
With a 24 Summilux you would be in heaven :D A little expensive though.

Michiel

Godfrey

Soft Light, Christmas Morning After

It was quiet and peaceful this morning with soft light and fog outdoors. The canvas wrap I had made for my partner was hung yesterday, the holiday lights are up. What better time to make a photo of the living room for posterity?

Ricoh GXR-M + CV Skopar 21mm f/4
ISO 200 @ f/8 @ 1 second
9 frame composite panorama

(larger, 2000 pixel wide rendering)

enjoy

V

Vivek

Thank you Godfrey and Michiel for your kind responses! :)

BTW, Michiel, the wide I plan on using on the GXR is a 2.5cm W-Nikkor-C. It fared well even on an Epson R-D1s. It is also as symmetric as a lens can get. ;)

Godfrey

BTW, Michiel, the wide I plan on using on the GXR is a 2.5cm W-Nikkor-C. It fared well even on an Epson R-D1s. It is also as symmetric as a lens can get. ;)
Fascinating lens. What adapter are you using? Btw, there is a mount checker included with the A12 Camera Mount to be sure there is no mechanical interference.

I look forward to seeing some photos made with it.

V

Vivek

Godfrey, As luck would have it, I bought the less collectible but more versatile LTM version. Even at that time, the real Zeiss Topogon 25/4 (on which the W-Nikkor was based on) was well beyond my reach.

It appears that the images from the said combo were before me opening an account with Flickr. I did post quite few on photo.net, a while ago.

Godfrey

Godfrey, As luck would have it, I bought the less collectible but more versatile LTM version. Even at that time, the real Zeiss Topogon 25/4 (on which the W-Nikkor was based on) was well beyond my reach.

It appears that the images from the said combo were before me opening an account with Flickr. I did post quite few on photo.net, a while ago.
Interesting! An LTM model makes it much easier to work with. I didn't know they made both. I look forward to seeing pix.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
For those who have not seen it, Sam Waldron has done a nice critical review of the Ricoh m-mount sensor against that in the Sony Nex 5N

About 6 posts down . . . .

Keith

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Michiel - there are some wonderful windows in your location - please don't run out of them!

Here is a lifeboat
GXR with Jupiter 9 85/2

Keith