The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GXR - Show your images

Godfrey

Lovely work as always, Michiel.

There's no way to turn off the JPGs in the GXR. Just set the size to Small and the compression to Maximum. They take up very little space that way. I don't worry about them, and don't bother deleteing them either.

Braeside

From yesterday's walk in the freezing fog with the 25mm Biogon.

Some of the storm damage evidence.

There were lots of pheasants about that kept flying up at my feet! Also saw a deer, but I wasn't fast enough to get a shot before it vanished in the fog.

Braeside

Thanks Keith. It was a beautiful day, not a breath of wind and minus 4 but I didn't feel it at all. Best part was when I found the embers of a fire that a woodsman had left and got a little warm up.

Michiel Schierbeek

@ Godfrey, thanks you much appreciated, always nice to get a compliment from you :)

@ David, lovely series, it is nice to see the more atmospheric qualitys of this lens also. Never got to that yet, mostly I shot the more hard edge city/harbour work with it.

Michiel

Braeside

Thanks Michiel, I do like the rendering of the Biogon very much indeed. It seems very flare resistant even with the sun in the frame.

Excuse me for not commenting on your photos, I have been too selfish and will make amends very soon..

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Lovely stuff everyone. Inspired by Godfrey and Ario here is another black and white - winter tree shadows in not so virgin city snow..
Michiel, I hope the realization of becoming a grandad won't impact your photo output or style? :D

GXR with Minolta Rokkor 40/2

Keith

Last edited:

Agnius

So many wonderful winter shots! Reminds me of my previous life in Europe. Brrrr...

Sunny Southern California - local inhabitants "chilling" at the local park.
GXR A12-M with Leica 180mm @f5.6

Last edited:

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Sean Reid calls the A12 the "reference standard" for APS-C sensors after exhaustively testing it against the Nex 5n with wide angle rf lenses. Bodes well for a 16mp version, if it comes.

Keith

Agnius

Thank you for the kind words, woodmancy.

I have been reading Sean Reids reviews and have gotten quite an ego boost from his praise of A12 module. Finally, I picked the winner! ;)

But truly, I do find GXR-M a nice combination. I would like to say that I might "freeze" my future camera purchases and work GXR-M for the next decade or so, but usually that is not the case in todays fast paced consumer electronics driven product cycle. But based on my current experience, I would always consider Ricoh as one of my top camera companies. I am glad they spend more money on engineering and less on advertising.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Thank you for the kind words, woodmancy.

I have been reading Sean Reids reviews and have gotten quite an ego boost from his praise of A12 module. Finally, I picked the winner! ;)

But truly, I do find GXR-M a nice combination. I would like to say that I might "freeze" my future camera purchases and work GXR-M for the next decade or so, but usually that is not the case in todays fast paced consumer electronics driven product cycle. But based on my current experience, I would always consider Ricoh as one of my top camera companies. I am glad they spend more money on engineering and less on advertising.
Agnius

I'm with you on this one. My m4/3 and Sony A55 systems are getting no use at all - the GXR does it for me. Right now I'm testing small legacy SLR zooms on it.
This year should see some interesting announcements from Ricoh.

Keith

Godfrey

I do hope they keep the development going. I'm truly delighted with the GXR system. You were right to recommend it to me last April. It's now my main system camera ... it's doing everything I used to do with the SLRs.

I'll be adding one more camera to the mix very shortly before I sell off the equipment I'm no longer using ... but mostly for the fact that it is a different type of camera and a different format rather than it being so much "better" or whatever.

Michiel Schierbeek

If I may join in gentlemen praising this camera; This camera is an absolute keeper and it's size and handling is ideal for traveling light.

All M4/3 and 43 stuff is almost gone exept that Olympus 45/1.8 I recently bought. That is such a lovely lens. May be I buy a tiny steel Olympus body for it when they get cheeper.

Michiel

Last edited:

jonoslack

Hey Everybody - lots of really fine shots here
I won't single any out - or I'll miss someone out . . If I get a GXR can I make shots like this too :)
Seriously though - great stuff -

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Thanks Jono - we would love to see you here, those lenses of yours would show well with the A12 m-mount sensor.

Godfrey - magnificent portrait. Common, open up, what are you buying next?

Keith