The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GXR - Show your images

V

Vivek

I've been participating in a image a day project on another forum for the month of January and this was the image I submitted for the last day as a toast to the others that were also part of the project.

GXR w/A12 28mm module. (Btw, my new M mount arrived a couple days ago and my new to me Leica 40mm F2.0 arrives tomorrow.)
Superb! :thumbs:

V

Vivek

Kit,

Thus, your image (you can check this if you try to quote this post, how it is done):

Kit's photo.

Michiel Schierbeek

Crossposting this series with the "Fun with NEX thread", therefore the numbers are mixed up.
This is an older one and in the next post they are from today.

Michiel

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
#23 has a lot going on Michiel - I really like it.

Not too much evidence of the photographer in these reflective shots :cool:

Keith

Michiel Schierbeek

Hi, and thank you Keith.
I try not to reveal myself. I don't know why actually, I am not that ugly :D
I think it just takes away the attention from the scene.

I did quiet a lot today so here are some more. ( There are lots of nice stores on the way to my new grandson :))

Michiel

]

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Thanks you Vivek, and lovely images everyone.

Does anyone here know how one might attach a filter holder to the CV 15? I am finding all my old Cokin grads etc. absolutely fantastic on the 12 (mine came with a bonus 77mm filter holder, and the Cokin base piece screws straight in.

And, @ Rich M: brilliant and I would never have thought of using an orange filter this way in the digital era—but your top image shows that these now very old school methods are still all about light—and that has not changed.

Rich M

Does anyone here know how one might attach a filter holder to the CV 15? I am finding all my old Cokin grads etc. absolutely fantastic on the 12 (mine came with a bonus 77mm filter holder, and the Cokin base piece screws straight in.

And, @ Rich M: brilliant and I would never have thought of using an orange filter this way in the digital era—but your top image shows that these now very old school methods are still all about light—and that has not changed.
Thanks Kit.........I think the filter holder for the CV15 (LTM) is a tough go......I was looking at mine and am stymied. As I understand the CV15 M-mount has 52mm threads......but that doesn't help, does it?

Michiel.....some nice shots in there. How do you find living with the GXR and NEX7?

R

Michiel Schierbeek

Michiel.....some nice shots in there. How do you find living with the GXR and NEX7?

R
Rich, I like them both, preferences lie in menu system, more pixels, use of wider lenses etc etc. each camera has its advantages in one field or the other.
But they are both small and deliver nice files.

But ideal would be; A full frame 24 MP Ricoh with Leica mount with collapsible LCD screen and build in EVF and better buffer.
Same sort of design, material but just a little bigger.

Some dreams come true :confused:

Michiel

DReilly

I just picked up a GXR and A12 module after selling it a while back for a Nex 5. I really liked the Nex 5 for a lot of reasons and similar to Michiel I kind of wish I could cross-bread them. Add flip screen to the GXR with touch screen control for focus magnification, retain the hot shoe, upgrade to the great 16mp sensor but with the better GXR micorlenses, and make the M mount itself modular, so you can take it off and add adapters for things like Pen lenses. There is really nothing in the "tube" part of the M that means it has to be built into the M-module. I'd steal a little stabilization protomatter from the Pen series, too.

"You used protomatter?"

Anyway, hope to be able to post some GXR images soon.

Agnius

Rich: nice b&w conversions! Love those pineapples!
Michiel: interesting series!

I like GXR system too, it has the right blend of functionality and priced fair. I eyeballed new fuji x cam, but without M adapter released I would not even think about it. So I am hoping for Ricoh to incorporate some Pentax magic into their line - 16MP sensor with better dynamic range and high ISO (MP don't really matter that much), Image Stabilization would be super nice, and that's it. I find body to be just fine. The VF-2 viewfinder could be improved - when I am shooting I find it not staying in place, my face keeps rotating it up. Would be nice to have stronger detents. Maybe I could put a rubber band or something around it. I was thinking about getting an M8 couple years back, but I am so happy with GXR-M that I feel pretty happy. Maybe M10. ;)

Godfrey

Communicating #71

Ricoh GXR-M + CV Ultron 28mm f/2

It's always fun to speculate on "what might be better" in the land of equipment. But ...

I'm happy with what I have now. The GXR is a fantastic camera. The M9 is outstanding too. Don't need anything, don't really want anything, other than the occasional burst of Magpie Syndrome firing off in my head. These bits are good enough. I just want to make photographs and am struggling to find time to do so.

Ah, the perils of having a full-time job again. But, um, without it I wouldn't have the GXR and M9 ... !!! ;-)

Thanks for looking. Comments always appreciated.

"Life isn't Real ... it has Real and Imaginary parts."

Braeside

Thanks you Vivek, and lovely images everyone.

I know with my Leica M8 that I had to fit the mandatory UV/IR cut filter to the CV 15 LTM with Blu Tack! (A tip from Jono).
Just a couple of bits of Blu Tack and put the filter on in reverse. Don't know if the cokin could be adapted in a similar way.
If you are using a tripod just hold the grad in front of course.

Braeside

Rich: nice b&w conversions! Love those pineapples!
Michiel: interesting series!

The VF-2 viewfinder could be improved - when I am shooting I find it not staying in place, my face keeps rotating it up.
I had that too, fixed it by putting a loop of scotch magic tape (sticky side out) between the base and bottom of the VF. It gives enough stickiness to hold it in place, but can be pulled apart if you do need to tilt the VF.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Very nice, Godfrey. I like the sky and the overall composition and lighting.

Here is one from this afternoon - a grotty telephone booth. Minolta 28-85 md zoom on the m-mount.

Keith