The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GXR - Show your images

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Yes Michiel, the Jupiter fits and takes sharp images. The Perar is also good with very nice color.

Here is another from today that maybe should have been placed in the Bokeh thread. Again with the Minolta zoom

Keith

Michiel Schierbeek

Just found a picture of the combo in your Getdpi Gallery.
Beautiful gallery, my compliments. The woman under the parasol watching that industrial ship! Amazing!

Michiel

Godfrey

@Keith :: Very nice! Some of those older Minolta lenses were really quite good.

BTW Keith, do I remember well you have the Jupiter-12 35/2.8?
Or was it the Perar?
Because I just bought one. It has a very potruding rear element.
Are you missing the lens fitment test jig for the GXR-M?

G

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Just found a picture of the combo in your Getdpi Gallery.
. . . . The woman under the parasol watching that industrial ship! Amazing! . . .

Michiel
Thanks Michiel, as one crazy British comedian once said "that was no woman, that was my wife!"

The stars aligned for that shot - stormy grey sky, pink umbrella, red pink waterline on the ship, and the artificial beach with the chair facing backwards. Ah well, in a couple of years I'll get another one :)

Keith

Michiel Schierbeek

@Keith :: Very nice! Some of those older Minolta lenses were really quite good.

Are you missing the lens fitment test jig for the GXR-M?

G
No. Godfrey, but the lens has not been sended yet. It was an impulsive last minute bet and I didn't have time to check it. So I couldn't put it in the rig either.
I was sitting in front of the screen with the rig and other protruding lenses to compare and find out it would fit visually :)

I am glad I know for sure now. My first rangefinder lens in the 35mm range.

Michiel

V

Vivek

Michiel, I would be interested to see how that J12 works (it was quite fuzzy on the Epson R-D1s at close ranges). Contrary to some ideas implanted, it is a Sonnar design and not a Biogon clone.

Michiel Schierbeek

Foto: Keith (Woodmancy)

Look how nice small it looks on the GXR (most of the lens is inside the camera :p)
I am curious too, because they can be found cheap.
Of course I will post some examples when I have it.

Michiel

V

Vivek

Well, I thought you had it. Could have given mine to you on a long term loan as well. Mine is one of the favored version (presumably the original Zeiss factory or the workers made it).

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Don't have too much that shows resolution on the Jupiter 12, but this one was taken wide open at ISO 400, 1/195s.
I like the built in lens hood effect (recessed lens) and the size - I'll take a few next week.

Keith

Godfrey

Wheels & Axles

At the Felton, California "Roaring Camp" train yard ...

Ricoh GXR-M + Micro-Nikkor 200mm f/4

thanks for looking!

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Here is another image of the fascinating back wall of the Gehry designed gallery. The blue is stunning against a grey sky. Sigma 21-35 again - a nice lens.

Keith

Braeside

@Godfrey: Wheels and Axles - like it a lot.

@WoodMancy: Quite surreal as the blue looks like the sky at first.

You guys have quite a selection of lenses. (Pot calling kettle black) :)

Godfrey

@Godfrey: Wheels and Axles - like it a lot.

@WoodMancy: Quite surreal as the blue looks like the sky at first.

You guys have quite a selection of lenses. (Pot calling kettle black) :)
Thanks!

Yes indeed ... I have too many lenses as a matter of fact. Most get used pretty infrequently, are "nice to have" occasionally. For both the GXR and the Leica Ms, I could likely work with the trio of 21, 40 and 90 mm about 95% of the time and rarely see any lack.

But it is nice to have other options occasionally.

dirojas

There are wonderful pictures in this thread! I look at them very interested because I have a film Leica system (M3, IIIa, ZM 25mm, 50mm Summicron and 50mm Summar) and would love to use these wonderful lenses on digital. Right now I have a Sigma DP2 which delivers beautiful color files and it is small and unobtrusive, but I would like to have different focal lengths available. I use the camera with a Petri optical viewfinder which I could use with the 25mm on the GXR... Anyway, please keep posting here, you are going to make me buy this camera. Regards

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
@ Keith :: this photo at the Gehry is stunning! You're pushing Rene Magritte ... :)
Thanks Godfrey,Michiel and David . . . It's tough not to get a good picture of this Gehry creation. He was born right in the neighborhood of the gallery.

Keith