The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GXR - Show your images

Michiel Schierbeek

Nice lobby again, Duane!
Could become a nice serie of Hotel Lobbys.
They certainly have that special atmosphere of how the designers think they can please the quests.

Michiel

Michiel Schierbeek

Got two lenses back from Will van Manen(Cameraservice) who gave them both a complete CLA.
They operate smoothly again and are cleaned.
Had to try them out today.

Michiel

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
For Michiel:

I tried a few croppings; I decided that FF was best. The 50 macro module, run through RPP (Mitch, I am going to be posting on workflow soon), K64 film mode.

Duane Pandorf

Got two lenses back from Will van Manen(Cameraservice) who gave them both a complete CLA.
They operate smoothly again and are cleaned.
Had to try them out today.

Michiel
I see you have a couple lenses I have on my wish list. Especially the Elmarit 90/2.8. I may have to settle for the 90/4.0 though.

I'm thinking I'd like to go to a 28/2 or 35/1.4 for a fast "normal" lens on this kit. Then the 50/2 for more of a portraiture lens. Then the 90 for when I need the reach. I need to shoot some more with my 40 though before I make any other decisions.

Michiel Schierbeek

For Michiel:
I tried a few croppings; I decided that FF was best. The 50 macro module, run through RPP (Mitch, I am going to be posting on workflow soon), K64 film mode.

I did follow the whole discussion on the RPP workflow on the FM and RF fora. Interesting, but I am not prepared to change my whole workflow to the Mac platform.
I hope a Window version will be available soon.

Michiel

Agnius

Agnius.....how do you like the ZM25?

R
No complains about IQ. I wish it was little smaller physically, but I guess that's the price for f2.8. Mechanically there are no issues. FOV of 25mm works for me - I shot surfer burial at the beach with it, Leica Digital Journey. I also have 28mm f2.8 Elmarit, which is excellent AND small. But for the price, ZM 25 is a real deal.

N

nickg

Hello,

I want to thank all of you for starting, participating in, and continuing this incredible thread.

Each of you helped point me in the direction of the GXR which I very recently acquired.

I am still new to photography and trying to learn from people that are incredibly skilled and have vision like the posters on this thread.

Wish I could say I knew more about composition and many other areas of photography but I am eager to learn and try to find more time to take pictures.

Hopefully this photo will be linked correctly so I can share one of my favorite early pictures I took of my son Joshua. He is a wonderful 11 month old boy.

Taken with my newly acquired Nikon 55mm f2.8 Micro with Fotodiox adaptor.

Thank you all and I will continue to follow this thread and learn as much as possible.

Best Regards,

Nick

Godfrey

Great stuff from all youse guys. ;-)

Past week and some i've been shooting film (Polaroid SX-70 with Impossible film and Nikon Pronea S with Advantix B&W) so I have nothing particularly new out of the GXR to show. I'm scanning two rolls out of the Pronea*S right now.

too many cameras, not enough time.