The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GXR - Show your images

Michiel Schierbeek

Looks very good, Godfrey!

I assume this is the front and back cover.
I was just wondering ; why not have the photograph as a whole over the side ( or how do you call that side of a book in English ) of the book as well?

Michiel

Godfrey

Thanks for the comments!

Looks very good, Godfrey!

I assume this is the front and back cover.
I was just wondering ; why not have the photograph as a whole over the side ( or how do you call that side of a book in English ) of the book as well?
I didn't flow the photo over the spine in order to have a clean, white space for titling on the bookshelf. I always like to have clean, simple spines on my books so I can locate them on the shelf easily.

Of course, I might change my mind ... ;-)

Duane Pandorf

Looking forward to see more on your book Godfrey!

I'm on a road trip with family. Haven't pulled the Airstream in a while so day 1 yesterday included a bath.

Leica Summicron-C 1:2/40mm.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Very nice, Michiel. I love my Jupiter 9.

I was processing some Panama shots last night. Can't get over how big these car carriers are

GXR with P10

Keith

Michiel Schierbeek

Real nice, Keith. Well you know I like freightships, but the tropical background makes it more appealing.

Here is a postcard overview of Heidelberg. And one from te zoo in Heidelberg and one from the museum Inseln Hombroich.

Michiel

Godfrey

Memorial

Ricoh GXR-M + M-ROKKOR 40mm f/2

The year flies by, and crawls at the same time. Memorial Day coming up already. Wow.

I was in Portland, Oregon last weekend. There was a thriving Japan Town in Portland as World War II broke. The Oregonian headline on a sad day shortly after December 7, 1941 announced "Portland: First Jap Free City!" as thousands of Japanese were trucked off into internment camps.

This sculpture, in a park by the Willamette River in downtown Portland, honors the memory of the innocent Japanese Americans who suffered as war criminals for the duration of the war. It affected me, and affects me still. We must not forget—without remembrance, without history, we will all repeat our mistakes over and over again.

Thanks for looking.

Michiel Schierbeek

That is indeed a history that should not be forgotten Godfrey.

That Photo looks really Spanish, Duane!

Here is a portrait of my Canadian niece when she was here for a quick visit.
Shot wide open with the Jupiter-8 which turned out to be a beautifull lens for portraits as well.

Michiel

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Nice pictures Godfrey, Michiel, and Duane!

This is Cartagena, Colombia taken with the GXR P10 and with a Velvia 50 look supplied by DxO

Keith

Last edited: