The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GXR - Show your images

Godfrey

I like this one of the ship, M.

I agree with you that the 135 lenses tend to be bulky, that's why I love the teensy M-Rokkor 90/4. It's a no-brainier to carry it along, even if you only use it a little bit.

I'm planning my trip to the UK in March-April now. I have a wedding to attend that I know I'll want to shoot at a bit with digital, I'd love to carry the SWC and/or the Bessa III too. But that's already more than I want to deal with. Some thought is required. :)

G

Michiel Schierbeek

Thanks Godfrey, yes I have the older version with Bril (I screwed it off) Elmarit, it is huge.

I think I know what I take; Sigma DP2m and GXR with VC15, Zeiss Biogon 25, 50 Summicron and 90 Elmarit. (may be the Jupiter-12 35/2.8, I like the colours it produces :facesmack:)
All nice and small. We plan to travel also a lot with busses/trains over the island, so that's why.

That is a lot of bulk with the Hasselblad + lenses included. May be no problem if you don't have to move around much. You know how it is; often you end up using one set up for the day, at least in my case :)

@ Keith; Love the last two, great colourfull compositions!

Michiel

Godfrey

... That is a lot of bulk with the Hasselblad + lenses included. May be no problem if you don't have to move around much. You know how it is; often you end up using one set up for the day, at least in my case :) ...
My only Hassy is a SWC, so no interchangeable lenses. It is pretty compact, except that it's a great camera to use with a tripod ...

Oh, I'll likely take just the GXR and three lenses (21, 40, 90) or M9 and similar (35, 50, 90). That's a pretty tight kit, did me very well in 2011.

G

Godfrey

I was looking for something in my archives and this GXR shot jumped out at me. From a walk late last Spring ...

Ricoh GXR-M + M-Rokkor 40mm f/2
ISO 200 @ f/2.8 @ 1/150 s

Thanks for looking! Comments always appreciated.

G

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Trouble is, someone else creates the wonderful color combos, and we photographers just come along and record it!

La Cocina
A16

Keith

Michiel Schierbeek

Back from Cuba. No usable internet to upload anything from there.
Here are some of my first results. Loads of files of this fascinating and tiring country.
I will probably overload you and bore you to death with Cuba photos the coming weeks. :D

Not to been seen on these photo's yet, but I am really glad I brought the VC super wide Heliar 15/4.5 for my facade shots in the narrow streets of Cuba.
These are all from Gibara, a small town on the NW coast.

(I will also be posting on Cuba on the Sigma DP2m thread)

Michiel

Braeside

Michiel, your shots have reminded me why I love the Biogon on the GXR so much. It has to be my favourite combination. I was going to take only the Fuji XP-1 and OMD on holiday this year and not bother taking the GXR, but I now think I cannot leave the GXR behind.

Looking forward very much to seeing more of your Cuba shots here and on the other thread. It is a place most photographers would love to visit, including me.

All the best.

Godfrey

Nice to work with the Nokton again. It is a pitty that it will not be made anymore by Cosinon.

Michiel
It looks like Cosina has gone into production with the Nokton 50mm f/1.5 ASPH for M-Mount now!

Voigtlander 50/1.5 Nokton Classic

Photo from CameraQuest.com website

Very pretty, classic 1950s Nokton styling. Supposedly the lens formula is the same ... I'd hate to see that changed, the LTM version is so darn good.

I was out shooting with the GXR this morning, with Nokton 40/1.4 and Color Skopar 28/3.5. Been a while since I took it for a walk. A photo or two soon...

G