The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GXR - Show your images

Michiel Schierbeek

Michiel, your shots have reminded me why I love the Biogon on the GXR so much. It has to be my favourite combination. I was going to take only the Fuji XP-1 and OMD on holiday this year and not bother taking the GXR, but I now think I cannot leave the GXR behind.

Looking forward very much to seeing more of your Cuba shots here and on the other thread. It is a place most photographers would love to visit, including me.

All the best.
David, I will do my best to work on some more files soon but I am completely jetlegged after 14 hours in the plane because we had to make a stop in Cancun, Mexico first.

It turned out a fine combination; the Ricoh with 4 small lenses together with the Sigma DP3m. Fitted well in a small and old looking bag. I used the 25 Biogon and the VC 15 the most and the Leica 50 'cron and 90 Elmarit much less. Also I was mostly in citys because we traveled by buses and therefore had less opportunitys to shoot landscapes and villages.

Michiel

Michiel Schierbeek

It looks like Cosina has gone into production with the Nokton 50mm f/1.5 ASPH for M-Mount now!

Voigtlander 50/1.5 Nokton Classic

Photo from CameraQuest.com website

Very pretty, classic 1950s Nokton styling. Supposedly the lens formula is the same ... I'd hate to see that changed, the LTM version is so darn good.

I was out shooting with the GXR this morning, with Nokton 40/1.4 and Color Skopar 28/3.5. Been a while since I took it for a walk. A photo or two soon...

G
Hi Godfrey,

Yes, I saw that before we left. The lens does really look nice but I have to many LTM and M mount lenses already :deadhorse:

Look forward to your photo's, this thread can use some activation. :)

Michiel

Godfrey

Like you, I have way too many lenses as it is to consider buying another. What I should do is rationalize my lens kit and then update it with the Zeiss 25 and new Nokton 50/1.5... but I won't. ;-)

From this morning's work, first picture up:

Ricoh GXR-M + Nokton 40/1.4 MC
ISO 200 @ f/4 @ 1/500 s

It's hard not to like this camera ...

G

Godfrey

Ah, one glory of Havana, Cuba is all the wonderful 1950s-1960s American Behemoths rolling about there...

Cools stuff, Michiel.

Thorkil

Very nice pictures Michael!
The VC 15/4.5 are doing very well (must bring it to Copenhagen soon)
My favorites are the horse(the reserve to the american car getting repared I guess, or perhaps you just stepped down from it?) and the horse+the carpenter, very nice colours.
Thorkil

Michiel Schierbeek

Thank you, Godfrey and Paul! (A little late:eek:)
I found some time to work on some more files from Cuba.

Michiel

Sunset at La Boca

Full moon and one fisherman in te middle of the night at La Boca

Main shop and Post office of La Boca

Michiel Schierbeek

Thank you Thorkil! :) (You are so fast!)

This was between 6 and 7 in the morning when I was wondering about in Holguin. I liked the abstraction of the lines on the street as well.

Michiel