The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ricoh GXR - Show your images

Thorkil

Allow me to bring some Words from the latest article (motorcycletrip with the GR) from Sean Reid on Reidreviews.com:

"By the way, a reader wrote to me recently asking if the Ricoh GXR AF A12 Modules rendered like this new GR. They don't because they have AA filters. But the M-Mount module for the GXR has no AA filter, does render beautifully and, in my opinion, produces files in the same league as this new GR (but with RF lenses). In fact, the M Mount Module works better with RF lenses than any other digital camera out there except a Leica DRF."

Thorkil

J

JohnW

The reader Sean cites happens to be me. I've been so impressed with the GR files that I have been considering swapping my Nex 7 for a GXR for longer focal lengths. I asked his thoughts on this. With the GR 28 and a 75 equivalent on the GXR, I think I'd be set.

As I wrote Sean, the Nex files may be technically superior, but the GR has an aesthetic rendering that I definitely prefer. Just not sure I'd want manual focus only on the GXR. Have to weigh that one.

John

Thorkil

The reader Sean cites happens to be me. I've been so impressed with the GR files that I have been considering swapping my Nex 7 for a GXR for longer focal lengths. I asked his thoughts on this. With the GR 28 and a 75 equivalent on the GXR, I think I'd be set.

As I wrote Sean, the Nex files may be technically superior, but the GR has an aesthetic rendering that I definitely prefer. Just not sure I'd want manual focus only on the GXR. Have to weigh that one.

John
:)

se my remarks on the Ricoh GR vs. Pentax K5IIs sensor, and why I'm for the time being have swapped totally to the GR, also workwise (besides I'm seriously considering using it as an actually pocketcamera, to get rid of the little belt-purse)...and it so very easy handled in, and only with, your right hand and thumb...and your left is totally free to scratch your back, your neck or picking up lost glasses, opening doors etc...(such a relief....!!!)
Thorkil
(but the GXR-M-module is very nice too.....and Keith would advice the cheap A16 zoom too, but then the belt-purse(/s) is rather bulky)

Thorkil

Hi Keith - I really don't know. I got surprised that I handheld could get relativ good Pictures out of the A16, but the format just also do some tricks in my head and reminds me a bit of my beloved SWC Hassy. But it feels strong and helthy. I took the M-module with the 90 Summicron with me today, but I was not able to nail the distance (I envy Michaels ability for those sharp pictures!) so I did regret that I didn't bring the A16 instead.
But the GR is also strong, but I havn't been working so much with the A16, but just to be reminded of that Hassy do encourage me(!), but it looks promising and that AF is a good thing, and a rather Deep DOF too (the grey gateway was taken at only f5.6). But I must take a sort of different view(taking pictures in the SWC-way perhaps) at the GR before I can give a proper answer, but the GR seems nearby as strong i think.
Thorkil
(and I'm also surprised that it seems that I get sort of the same 3-dimensional feeling here, as I did several years ago with the SWC - but perhaps that Square format tricks me, but I feel I can walk into the last Grey Pictures just as I could in the SWC ones)

jtwloh

Thought Ricoh was going to announce a replacement for the GXR, but instead they released a 360 degree camera. An interesting piece of technology but not really a mainstream product for the masses (my personal opinion).

Have to wait for the next Ricoh announcement then.