The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Kodak SLR/n grab shots

E

espressogeek

I went to a festival this weekend in Tennessee and brought the SLR/n along for the ride. Below are a few pictures with the Nikon 50/1.8 and the 85/1.8. Both lenses were shot wide open for all shots.

I am still getting to know this camera but its slowness suits my shooting style quite well.

E

espressogeek

Yea I HATE AA filters. I know why they are used but screw it I dont care.

E

espressogeek

Thanks, the body is dog slow if you are used to shooting something reasonable. My 40d felt like a race car in comparison but I never liked the files. This camera is also REALLY noisy so I only shoot it at the base iso or below. The batteries go really fast too.

But its full frame and the files are wonderful. The color is spot on to my eyes and I could never get used to Canon color. I did like color from Nikon and Olympus. Speed never mattered to me much and I need to take some shots stopped down so I can see what this thing will really do. :)

otumay

I do share your enthusiasm for Kodak SLR/n completely. I use the camera extensively. Whenever I go to trip, I try to take two cameras, and Kodak is always one of them. Remember, it was our only choice in full frame F-mount lenses until D3 came along.

I also loved your shots, I wish I could take pictures of people as naturally as you did, but I'm a photographer of places, I guess. I would like to contribute to your thread with a few shots taken from my recent trip to mideastern Turkey. I primarily used a Nikkor 17-35mm, f/2.8 lens.

Please send more SLR/n shots.
Best,
Osman

Last edited: