The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

advantages of leaf shutter lens with contax 645?

lowep

What are the advantages of using a lens with leaf shutter compared to a lens with focal-plane shutter - apart from being able to synch flash at higher shutter speeds?

Would using a Hassleblad 100mm lens with leaf shutter and adapter ring on Contax 645 help reduce the amount of camera shake that I get when shooting with this camera on a tripod with MLU and cable release or not?

Would using same lens make it easier to shoot Contax 645 hand held at slower speed than shooting with lens with focal-plane shutter?

SergeiR

Focal plane shutter, even when dumped is a bit of a shock. Both handheld and on tripod.

There was somewhere very nice article on it, comparing 67 Pentax and Mamiya for landscape photography, and basically Mamiya with leaf shutter done way better.

lance_schad

Workshop Member
The V-series to Contax adapters I am aware of (ie: MAM-1) utilize the focal plan shutter in the Contax and not the leaf shutter in the lens.

You also have to use Stop Down Metering.

Lance

gogopix

Subscriber
there goes the neigborhood:banghead:
I wonder if using the shuuter relase on the Hassey lens, and using "B" on the body would work?

The trigger on phase backs trigger copal lenses, but I dont know if you can attach direct;ly to the hassey lenses.

I'm always game for workarounds\

regards
Victor