The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Rosita

Lili

A very weary looking Pony at a roadside attraction.
K100D with kit lens

The only shot of 20 from today that I can use without tremendous PP'ing.
The rest have smudges that will not blow off the sensor.
I can see a faint haze with unaided eye is suspect area.
It is enough to put me off DSLR's altogether.
Argh.
I feel as down as Rosita looks.

Joan

Love Rosita! Lovely color and detail, Lili. She does seem quite sad though, weary, I imagine.

Sorry to hear about the smudgy sensor on your Pentax ... that stinks. Have you tried cleaning it yet?

Lili

Love Rosita! Lovely color and detail, Lili. She does seem quite sad though, weary, I imagine.

Sorry to hear about the smudgy sensor on your Pentax ... that stinks. Have you tried cleaning it yet?
Thank you Joan,
I do not have more than giotto blower type thing.
Ordered a cleaning kit from Amazon, we'll see.
It is not noticeable even in this shot;

But it is in the upper right corner, with blue or gray background you see shadows there.

Joan

I've never cleaned a sensor either, so I can understand your trepidation. That's one reason I like the Oly and Panny 4/3 cameras, the dustbusters are really great.

Good luck, and I like the B&W shot, too. Maybe you can introduce some deliberate vignetting to mask the smudges in some of your others (?)