The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Possible Panasonic m4/3 (?)

Ben Rubinstein

No viewfinder at all which is a shame unike what this site says. Holding a camera away from you is not good for image stability.

Terry

No viewfinder at all which is a shame unike what this site says. Holding a camera away from you is not good for image stability.
Well, the hotshoe is correctly positioned for either OVF or EVF. If it had a built in viewfinder, what focal length would you have it set to? How would changing lenses impact that? I would be happy to add one in the hotshoe.

Ben Rubinstein

Well, the hotshoe is correctly positioned for either OVF or EVF. If it had a built in viewfinder, what focal length would you have it set to? How would changing lenses impact that? I would be happy to add one in the hotshoe.
I thought the whole point was an EVF built in. The Oly representative in the interview on DPReview mentioned on another thread here championed just this feature. It could be the outward size as the usual tiny p&s ones but still show 100% view, etc. Personally I'd hate to have to kill pocketability with an external viewfinder...

Last edited:

Lili

Looks very very svelte!!!!
An OVF would be nice, esp on that is Parallax correcting ala' Leica or Hexar, but not a deal killer for me IMHO :)

Ben Rubinstein

I had meant EVF, just changed my post to reflect that, not sure an OVF makes sense given the interchangeable lenses and the size and distortion inevitable with such a small unit if you were to put it in an already small camera. A decent EVF and Phil Askey says the EVF for the micro 4/3 will be suprisingly good, given that they can provide 100% view, full info and a live histogram, now that might be pretty damn good.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I have been studing the pics with Terry on the phone. And the display button on the bottom in the back would = the EV control. Also looks like scene recognition and 2 custom function setups . Also on the back dial it had MF which seems like Manual focus control selector. Has all the 4/3rds contacts so maybe any lens would work. Not sure on this. I also noticed W and T on the top deck to control wide and tele plus Square and looks like 16:9 aspect ratio's. 12 mpx to boot. This looks like a very interesting camera and something I would certainly maybe want. We will have to keep a eye on this one and also who may put this in there lineup besides Panasonic. Leica ?

A

asabet

If Panasonic puts out that camera, I think a Leica version is practically assured.

Riley

edit: they are saying its fake elsewhere

notice how the body shape relates to LC1 and L1, being round on one end and squarer on the other

interesting the livery is in 3 different styles
a tan, black, and black and silver

I assume the rectangle on the end is a popup flash

it has a scene mode/
manual/shutter priority/aperture priority and 2 'C# modes and a video mode

this will be it for Panasonic, lets see if Olympus give us the EVF

Last edited:

Joan

Your original post's link says that this was found on the chinese site
dpnet.com.cn
Yes, but in the Chinese article they mentioned a Japanese forum where these pictures were circulating. Who knows who might have created them, but whoever did it did a nice job, lol. And it keeps the excitement building, so maybe it IS a deliberate leak from Panasonic.

Brian Mosley

It's not inconceivable that the pop up block could house an EVF - I'd prefer that to a clip on EVF.

It would be very easy to knock out a bogus mockup like this... nothing too dramatic there.

Kind Regards

Brian

A

asabet

VERY nice indeed!
Very nice but can't be real. A 21mm pancake with optical image stabilization? An f/2.4 Summilux? I can't make out all the meaning via Google translate, but it's pretty clear that the guy who posted these is saying the CGI on Photoscala and DPNet is not real.

Ben Rubinstein

Thats a Leica 21mm f2.4, can't argue with a lens like that (much, f1.4 would have been nicer but hey its 21mm!) I want to know what the speed of the 12-42 is, it's tiny for what it is so it's probably slow but if it's a Leica design...

Very nice EVF attachment as well, very small form, just hope it clips on properly so it doesn't slide on and off when putting in a pocket.

Only thing we don't know is scale. Is this G9 sized or nearer M8? I never realised how huge the LC1 was till I saw it in a store!