The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

sony a300

back alley

i am completely new to the dslr world but i have to say that i'm likin' this new sony of mine.
the kit lens is very lightweight and sharp but feels flimsy.
i picked up a nib sigma 28-70/2.8 (old model) and it feels very nice on the camera. i also found 2 af minolta lenses, the 28/2.8 and the 50/1.7, very cheap, very sharp and small and light. i much prefer a prime.

the last shot, he sold me the 2 minolta primes.

joe

Joan

Hi Joe,
Glad to hear you're happy with your new A300. How do you like the flip LCD and live view? Definitely some bargains to be had on Minolta lenses, KEH is a good source to check out.

back alley

i mostly use the viewfinder but i like the live view with the flip screen for shooting dog pics. i have 2 small dogs and bad knees so it helps quite a bit.
the 2 prime lenses i found are great and now i am looking for a 24 as well. still re-acquainting myself with using a zoom, it seems slower to me than a prime.