The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

"15 MP Sigma DP2"

Terry

Haha - I can see the wheels spinning in Ricardo's head. These do look interesting. I now also need to check out DPReview and see what the mood is with the revised name and pricing on the SD1.

dirojas

I love both the new models. I already have a DP2 and it is a wonderful camera for a small niche of photo applications, which happen to coincide to what I like to photograph... :).

One caveat, where did it go the manual focusing wheel with scale?

Agnius

When SD-1 came out, I asked myself - "how soon will Sigma have this sensor in DP body?" Well, I guess there it is. But, as always, Sigma is little behind the schedule. Suddenly their 15x3 doesn't sound that stupendous, and lack of support from Apples' Aperture for Sigma RAW makes me look the other way. On the other hand, it is nice to see an alternative to Bayer sensors. Also, I wonder if camera makers that abandon SLR design could fit 3 CCDs inside the body just like video camera makers? With mirror not there, there is suddenly more space to work with.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Interesting camera, particularly the 28mm eqv., and I don't have a pocket camera. Is this what I've been waiting for :confused:

Rawfa

I used to have a DP1 and provided me the best organic look I´ve ever gotten from ANY camera (yes, either you love foveon or you hate it). I absolutely adore the foveon sensor, but once the micro 4/3 and the NEX system hit the market the compromise of using the DP1 was just too much (extremely slow AF, poor high iso performance, poor lcd, slow file processing, etc). I keep dreaming though that one day Sigma will come up with a mirrorless foveon camera. THIS will be a keeper.
I´m very interested in seeing how these new DP cameras fare against today´s tough competition though.