The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

DC Resource look at the m4:3 Panasonic G1

Jonathon Delacour

Subscriber Member
Not surprisingly, they're launching the G1 with two zooms, whereas the 20mm/f1.7 prime is described as being "further down the line". How much further, I wonder?

jonoslack

Not surprisingly, they're launching the G1 with two zooms, whereas the 20mm/f1.7 prime is described as being "further down the line". How much further, I wonder?
Well, not too long I'd guess, I think this is a VERY IMPORTANT product for Panasonic, I'd guess there will be some primes from Olympus in the new year as well, and also some leica-sonic lenses.

ecliffordsmith

Hi Jono,

Back from your holiday already? I hope you had a nice time.

I can see what you mean about the red camera. You have to wonder how people can consider that a good idea.

While this model does not do much to me I am hoping to see a stripped down to the essentials compact body and a nice small 50 FOV region fast prime lens. There is so much potential for this format!

jonoslack

Hi There
Hi Jono,

Back from your holiday already? I hope you had a nice time.
We had a great time thank you.
I can see what you mean about the red camera. You have to wonder how people can consider that a good idea.
LOL it was Jeff Keller talking about the red camera, but I guess someone might like it.

While this model does not do much to me I am hoping to see a stripped down to the essentials compact body and a nice small 50 FOV region fast prime lens. There is so much potential for this format!
Well, it didn't do much for me to start with, but the general enthusiasm, the huge praise for the EVF, the small size and the apparently excellent autofocus, together with the flip out LCD . . . . it does sound rather attractive as a backup, and the image quality ought to be pretty good up to 1600 ISO or so.

Joan

LOL I'm getting a red one. I've never owned anything but black cameras, so in my old age, I say it's time for some STYLE, baby! :ROTFL:

Terry

I'm right with you Joan. Everything including my clothes are black. I'm going for RED!!!!

Joan

Terry, I really hope we can get together again sometime and go out to shoot with our little red cameras. :) We need a getDPI meet up somewhere fun this winter!

jonoslack

Terry, I really hope we can get together again sometime and go out to shoot with our little red cameras. :) We need a getDPI meet up somewhere fun this winter!
Hey - can I come too? I'm not sure about red, but blue for a boy and all that stuff!:ROTFL:

Joan

Of course you can, Jono. As long as you have the blue g1 with you, no boring ol' black cameras allowed! :D

Riley

G1 is slotted for mid November release in the USA Guy
Pricing will be announced in early October

I dont think the Olympus mFT design has been frozen yet, so there may still be time to influence their decisions moderately