The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Captive Raptor

bbodine9

Taken a couple of weeks ago at the local wild bird sanctuary here in St. Louis.
E-1 and 50-200 with a monopod. Processed in PWP.

bbodine9

Thanks for the comments, it was an enjoyable day and we had great opportunities for clear shots.

Last edited:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
bbodine9,
Did you have the image stabilization on in the E3?...and if so, what mode?
I just got this combo and haven't put it on a monopod yet, but will soon.

Last edited:

bbodine9

Cindy this was shot using the ancient E-1 on a monopod that day. Shutter speed was 1/250 sec at f3.0. The lens was the 50-200 original edition at 130mm. Hope this helps.

jonoslack

Hi Bruce
this is a lovely shot - the glow on his body . . . .
of course, you made it and you're the photographer, but the E1 does have a certain something with colour.

bbodine9

Thanks Joan and Jono! Yes I think parting with the E-1 would be very hard for me to do in spite of its obvious shortcomings compared to the newer units on the market. I also must contribute some of the look to Picture Window Pro latest beta version. I like working with orphans I guess!