The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun pictures with Oly, Sony, Sigma, Pentax and all the Others

M

moggi1964

This one is used as my wallpaper on my computer; really lights up the room.

jonoslack

Will, your overhead shots with the DP1 are great (I like the one in the other thread of the Thames even better).

It's been raining here today . . . and raining. Just before sunset the sky cleared, and the dog needed a walk:

All shots with the A900 and the Zeiss 24-70 f2.8

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Lake Havasu City, Arizona

From a boat leaving the inlet- LX3

After sunset at the London Bridge- Oly E3 and 12-60SWD

jonoslack

You do get around Cindy!
Lovely shots - is that THE London Bridge (certainly looks like it). There is an urban myth in the UK that they thought they were getting the Tower Bridge, and by the time they realised . . . . it was too late!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Cindy go over the bridge and have lunch at Barley Brothers or Shugrues. That is my wife's family restaurants. Was just there 2 weeks ago.

Joan

Cindy those are really nice shots, you must be having fun with the LX3/E3 combo on your travels!

Brian, that looks fab ... how much PP to the G1 shot? (SilkyPix?)

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
Cindy those are really nice shots, you must be having fun with the LX3/E3 combo on your travels!...
Joan, I am thrilled with the Oly E3 (and of course my M8). I really like the little LX3 for black and white. I put a 28mm finder on it and it is really fun to use. The 16:9 is great for landscape, too. I'm just not sure I have come to terms with the color yet. I would love to be able to use Aperture or C1 instead of Silkypix on the files. Silkypix just doesn't do it for me. I was just playing with one of Brian's G1 files in Silkypix and I liked the color better from that sensor than from my LX3 sensor.

Guy, I will try to get over and have some of the famous Mancuso Pretzles at Shugrues before I leave here.
How is it going with the Oly? I have been hoping you would post some pics.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
You do get around Cindy!
Lovely shots - is that THE London Bridge (certainly looks like it). There is an urban myth in the UK that they thought they were getting the Tower Bridge, and by the time they realised . . . . it was too late!
Thanks, Jono. We just came from 4 nights in Vegas. I haven't gotten around to processing any from there. :ROTFL: Now we are resting-up in Lake Havasu.
Yes, this is the 1831 London Bridge. It was dismantled and marked for re-assembly before being shipped over here. You can read about it here:http://www.roadtripamerica.com/places/havasu.htm.