The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun pictures with Oly, Sony, Sigma, Pentax and all the Others

jonoslack

Hi Cindy
Jorgen has it - airy and lovely and crisp.

Hi Vivek
Jono, There is a 50 UKP mail in (limited offer) rebate from Panasonic (you are supposed to have seen a demo in a shop). The price is good there

On the lens front, check your PM.:)
Just Don't Tempt Me! I'll be in Penzance tomorrow . . there is a good Jessops there, and if they have one I may find it hard to resist!

I'm about to go lens hunting.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Lili, I seem to be suffering from some sort of brain damage :confused:
Of course, it was your lovely airy crisp skyline I was talking about
But that was obvious, wasn't it? Since I am neither airy nor lovely nor crisp :( More like leftovers from last Thursday's dinner actually. And still people expect me to perform work on a regular basis. What on earth are they thinking :confused:

Robert Campbell

Actually, I think this GAS attack might be smittin'....I prescribe a curative G1 for you, and a prophylactic one for the significant other. Red is a strong, forceful colour; blue is restful and sympathetic. :ROTFL:

Robert Campbell

Another view of the Mournes, though not from the shore:

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Cecil and Ian are discussing the shores:

jonoslack

HI Bertie
Is that Cecil or Ian clutching the pipe to his chest . . . looks dangerous to me!

Here's one from the Walkman:

It's the Cornish Coast near Lands End (taken with the 24-70 Zeiss). In case you're asking, yes, we did go swimming in the cove around the corner, and yes, the Atlantic in November is a little chilly!

This is where the space-ships land:

Both of these taken with the 70-300 G lens

Robert Campbell

HI Bertie
Is that Cecil or Ian clutching the pipe to his chest . . . looks dangerous to me!
Ian gets to play with the pipes and the stone spreader, Cecil sits in air conditioned luxury in the digger -- both Oly 520, 14-42, ISO 400 f:5.6

Cecil isn't CJ McIvor -- that's Colin. And on the digger it says 'CJ McIvor and Son' which is interesting, as Colin's son is only three - I don't know how active he is in the business :)

Robert Campbell

I'm impressed with the colours from the Walkman/Play Station....specially how it turns pink into red in the hunting pictures..and with the spacecraft...any little green men about?

Peter Klein

Now it can be told...

I took this shot a couple of weeks ago, but didn't reveal it because I'd entered it in the monthly contest on the LUG. The pictures don't have to be taken with Leicas. Last month's theme was "three." Well, I got an honorable mention. The photo was taken with the E-510, and the older 40-150 f/3.5-4.5, as long as it would go, wide open, at 1/30. Ain't image stabilization grand? Anyway, this scene probably won't ever be displayed behind the altar of a cathedral, but it's fun...

--Peter

Last edited:

jonoslack

Hi Carl
I'm seriously impressed - lovely sharp corners, great detail . . . presumably you were using a tripod for these shots?
jpg or RAW?

jonoslack

Ian gets to play with the pipes and the stone spreader, Cecil sits in air conditioned luxury in the digger -- both Oly 520, 14-42, ISO 400 f:5.6
That Ian is on a grand scale . . . is it because he's stuck the pipe down his trousers?

incidentally, are the hunting Pinks pink in Ireland, they're certainly scarlet around here.

Brian Mosley

Beautifully sharp detail there Carl - I'm very happy with the kit lens at f8 - but still can't wait to get my other lenses on there!

Cheers

Brian