The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun pictures with Oly, Sony, Sigma, Pentax and all the Others

scho

Carl, Another nice shot. How do you process the files?
Thank you Vivek. I first batch process the raw files with SilkyPix and export tif files for import into Lightroom. In Lightroom I make minor adjustments to contrast, capture sharpen, and export jpegs for the web at 50% of original file size. I hope that Lightroom will have support for the G1 raw files in the next update.

Carl

scho

Beautifully sharp detail there Carl - I'm very happy with the kit lens at f8 - but still can't wait to get my other lenses on there!

Cheers

Brian
Thanks Brian. The kit lens is quite sharp, but I also am looking forward to using my M mount lenses with the G1.

...I first batch process the raw files with SilkyPix and export tif files for import into Lightroom. In Lightroom I make minor adjustments to contrast, capture sharpen, and export jpegs for the web at 50% of original file size....
Carl, I thought to use Sikypix in a similar manner. The interface seems kludgy, and it is quite slow compared to Lightroom, so I don´t want to take the time to learn it for just a month or so (until LR supports the raw´s, that is..).

So, I thought I´d process them with the default settings, and then export them as tif. But 16 bit tifs are HUGE! And, with all tonal control done on the tifs, I fear that 8 bit isn´t enough. If only Silkypix could convert to dng....

So, I´m very eagerly waiting for Adobe to update!

scho

Carl, I thought to use Sikypix in a similar manner. The interface seems kludgy, and it is quite slow compared to Lightroom, so I don´t want to take the time to learn it for just a month or so (until LR supports the raw´s, that is..).

So, I thought I´d process them with the default settings, and then export them as tif. But 16 bit tifs are HUGE! And, with all tonal control done on the tifs, I fear that 8 bit isn´t enough. If only Silkypix could convert to dng....

So, I´m very eagerly waiting for Adobe to update!
Per, I also hope we don't have to wait too long for the Lightroom and/or Adobe DNG converter updates. Pity that Panasonic didn't use DNG for their G1 file format.

V

Vivek

Thanks, Carl. I will load Silky Pix and will process the images.

Brian Mosley

Blimey Lili, you are making that E-410 + kit lens sing!

Superb exposure control, I presume converted from RAW?

Kind Regards

Brian

Blimey Lili, you are making that E-410 + kit lens sing!....
I second that.

Lili, I had a long period when I couldn´t decide whether I should go for the G1 or for the E520 two lens kit. Finally, it was the G1, but I must say that seeing your images with these kit lenses prolonged my decision process a LOT :thumbup:

Now, how about getting yourself a G1 and show us all what can be done with it in competent hands? :p

Lili

Brian and Per, thanks so much!
Brian, that was shot jpeg. I did three shots, playing with settings. This is the first using the evaluative metering, no compensation, no PP.
I was fortunate in that the scene and lighting fell just right.
Per, the G-1 will, sadly, have to wait a while.
Until then though I get the play with the Oly more :)

les

Jono

enjoyed your website photos of some of 'The White Hill Towns' - great subject matter and to me reminiscent of a recent trip to Cordoba, Zafra & Merida. I must go back since I missed Arcos et al.

jonoslack

Jono

enjoyed your website photos of some of 'The White Hill Towns' - great subject matter and to me reminiscent of a recent trip to Cordoba, Zafra & Merida. I must go back since I missed Arcos et al.
Hi Les
Glad you liked them - I have a whole batch of Cretan shots to put up when I have a minute.

Lili
Your swan shots are completely fab - congratulations.

Brian Mosley

Another cracker Lili, love the texture of those trees and the light on the brolly's...

Keep posting please! I'm missing the sunshine :)

Kind Regards

Brian

helenhill

Great Shots LiLi.... the First Swan & Texas Star are FAB
Your on a roll w/ the Oly!!!
It seems to make your Vision shine

Best to You-H :)